Poll: Steven Gerrard as Rangers manager - Yea or Nay?

Is Gerrard a good appointment?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gerrard a good appointment?

• Yes - he'll bring a profile and respect much needed at the club
    • No - we need experience and pragmatism, not another risk
    • Undecided - it's exciting but also gives me the fear

Think i'm leaning towards Yes. 

The profile part is something that makes sense. Big club, big names etc.  

And if we want to be considered a big club then at some stage we need to start acting like a big club, or at least thinking big. 

Add with the right team around him, it reduces the risk. Who knows...

Not Warnock , he's had more clubs than hot dinners.
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves - there's no way Stevie G is coming to Ibrox.....oh did I mention MoJo signed for Rangers on my 21st birthday , so what do I know. [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Warnock is light years ahead of Gerard as a candidate. 

Can someone explain what's exciting about the prospect of Gerard coming in? No wrong answers just don't get it personally.

As a person the rumours and acts have always made him look a bit daft and his managerial career is middling at best tho very early days. Think the comments of him attracting players makes no real sense tbh. Why would any player base their career moves on a untested manager just because he was a great midfielder in his day? Can't see people forgoing money or decent league or European football to play for Gerard !!

Doesn't in anyway mean he can pass that knowledge on. If being a great player attracts players why don't we bring in gazza??

The whole manager saga has been going on so long now, and so many names have been thrown in to the hat , that i have no clue at all as to who would be the right man for us.

Steven Gerrard...as good a prospect as any imo.

12 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Warnock is light years ahead of Gerard as a candidate. 

Can someone explain what's exciting about the prospect of Gerard coming in? No wrong answers just don't get it personally.

As a person the rumours and acts have always made him look a bit daft and his managerial career is middling at best tho very early days. Think the comments of him attracting players makes no real sense tbh. Why would any player base their career moves on a untested manager just because he was a great midfielder in his day? Can't see people forgoing money or decent league or European football to play for Gerard !!

Doesn't in anyway mean he can pass that knowledge on. If being a great player attracts players why don't we bring in gazza??

What's going to generate bigger headlines Warnock or Gerrard?

In terms of managerial experience Warnock is light years ahead. It would be a safe appointment ( not forgetting it won't happen due to Charles Green connection), however surely you can see the excitement in a big name appointment that would put the club in a positive light with the media over Europe and possibly the world.

I get the fact he has no managerial experience, but Jim Bowen once said " That's the gamble".

It will obviously sell season tickets and replica strips.

I think a lot of people are talking their way round to this.  If it does happen then that’ll turn into a wave of optimism.

What else can you do apart from try and focus on the positives and get behind him if it happens?  Let’s face it, if and when the inevitable happens then there will be plenty of time for show gazing introspection.  

In the meantime...Stevie G’s here for 55!!