Murty could step down tonight and leave Nicholl in charge. Right now it is a damage limitation job and we need to pick these players up for the last three games, but who can see them win against anyone bar Killie? And even they won't be a turnover. Half the players know that contract or not, this season's end will see them off to pastures new. Not least after today's showing.

I cannot see Gerrard taking over instantly, as he could easily start off with bad results against teams which will have their tails well and truly up.

5 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I had previously proposed Jimmy Nic but I fear he is tainted by association.

How about Bomber to boot a few arses?

The realistic options aren't great and the probability they'd make a difference with this group of players, as things stand is doubtful.

If Bomber went in ruffle up a few feathers, I get the feeling the players wouldn't respond, probably go the other way, things get even uglier and it would end up generating more negative headlines.

I think it's only a real new manager this group might respond to and this season is now probably about hoping Motherwell don't win the Cup, so we get into Europe.

I could still see us win the last 3 to guarantee second, right enough. The players are scared of Celtic because they know they aren’t as good as their players. However, they are better than Killie & Aberdeen’s players & can compete with Hibs too. I reckon the players will be relieved the old firm games are over now. Killie game is crucial though.