Investment apparently being announced tomorrow

Someone from within the club has told me the above.  Not sure I believe it, but even if true it needs to be SIGNIFICANT because we need a complete overhaul on the pitch, and likewise off the pitch.

That's three wasted seasons now. If the new investment isn't significant and we have to persevere with the current group of players, we'll waste a few more before tasting success again.

Steven Gerrard must be thinking this is a no-lose proposition. How can he possibly fail to improve on the present shambles.

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

That's three wasted seasons now. If the new investment isn't significant and we have to persevere with the current group of players, we'll waste a few more before tasting success again.

Steven Gerrard must be thinking this is a no-lose proposition. How can he possibly fail to improve on the present shambles.

They were, all along, 20 to 30m ahead of us, had build a settled squad and have the authorities behind them. As I said before, you can alway try to blame everything on yourself, or us, but that's essentially excluding a few things of reality too.

57 minutes ago, craig said:

Someone from within the club has told me the above.  Not sure I believe it, but even if true it needs to be SIGNIFICANT because we need a complete overhaul on the pitch, and likewise off the pitch.

Think we might need to go back and ask whoever it is to double or treble it. Scum fans must be gutted they never scored 10 today. 

Presumably Gerrard was watching this which will at least give him an indication of what's required. There is the nucleus of a team already in there. It's going to require the right man to strengthen it and get them playing.

Whether Gerrard is that man remains to be seen but I seriously doubt he would be taking the job without assurances regarding a budget. And as things stand he appears to be taking the job.

12 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

They were, all along, 20 to 30m ahead of us, had build a settled squad and have the authorities behind them. As I said before, you can alway try to blame everything on yourself, or us, but that's essentially excluding a few things of reality too.

Sorry, I've really no idea what you're trying to say ... or why. Cheers.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Sorry, I've really no idea what you're trying to say ... or why. Cheers.

It's pretty simple, actually. We were and are no isolated case, no matter the investment. The Yahoos outdistanced us in squad quality and finances, hands down. Anyone else too. We had to get our house in order off the field, and big time ... and apparently have only now. It is anyone's guess whether another manager would have done more with the squad we have or the money that was available, so speaking of "wasted seasons" is leaving a few facts out of the equation when you have that 30odd million hooped stumbling block in the way. For no matter what and where we had finished, there is every chance that they still had run away with most if not all trophies.