Glasgow Cup Final Rangers 3 Celtic 0

1 hour ago, pete said:

Can we not just keep this team and add Morelos and Docherty and the few who are in the development squad that are good enough. Get rid of the other losers.

I also think I saw the lad Billy Gilmour playing for Chelsea in the Youth cup final against Arsenal. I wasn't really watching so I have no idea how or how long he played.

Gilmour scored their opener in a 4-0 win, winning the FA Youth cup 7-1 on aggregate.

Chelsea fans were raving about his performance.

I watched the second half and was fairly impressed.

I thought the full-backs were good - especially the left back Zac Butterworth - and liked the skilful lads in attack.  Obviously the sending off affected the way we played though and I also thought Celtic were very poor (ten men or not).

8 hours ago, ian1964 said:

If anyone missed it you can watch it below

https://player.stv.tv/episode/3n6v/glasgow-cup-final/

Thanks, I'd been looking for a video.

Have to say for me it's a huge thing to winning at youth level. The club should make it a top priority to be beating Celtic throughout the youth stages. And ideally in future keeping our best players (Gilmour).

Edited by DMAA

One would hope that with SG in charge, players -like Gilmour- might be more inclined to stay at Ibrox. 

A potential windfall for the Club, along with his assumed ability to attract a certain, higher, calibre of player. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I watched the second half and was fairly impressed.

I thought the full-backs were good - especially the left back Zac Butterworth - and liked the skilful lads in attack.  Obviously the sending off affected the way we played though and I also thought Celtic were very poor (ten men or not).

Oh good!:celebrate2:

I’ve compiled some highlights from the game which you can download from wetransfer via the link below (too big to upload here). No sound For the first few clips. 

Team looks very impressive. Lots of good players; McPake, Kennedy and Mebude, Paterson and Butterworth terrorised them throughout. 

https://we.tl/s-A69Irw4SmH

Edited by DMAA

Speaking of Billy Gilmour....  The lad must be doing really well down south because, at just 16 yrs old, he has been selected for the Scotland U21's for the Toulon tournament this summer.

Rangers players selected are : Robby McCrorie, Ross McCrorie, Liam Burt and Glenn Middleton.  We have the highest number of representatives