The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 minute ago, Dave M609 said:

I'm not sure how much truth is in the Hodzic rumours, by the looks of him he would be a good signing, looks like a proper striker, would definetly suit the profile of players we should be going for.

If someone posts a link to google pics of the player without sight of anything else to link him then it's obviously a slam dunk signing.

Yeah I was expecting a news article but there is a thread on FF about it as well supposedly, no idea where it's came from, Liverpool were supposedly after him a while ago, not sure if someone has put 2+2 together and got 8.

20 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Rangers Sign Ryan Kent

RANGERS are today delighted to confirm Ryan Kent has joined the club from Liverpool.

The winger, a graduate of the Liverpool academy, joins on a season loan for the 2018/2019 season subject to international clearance.

More here: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-sign-ryan-kent/

A Familiar Feel For Ryan

HE may only have just arrived at Rangers, but already, there’s a familiar feeling to life in Glasgow for new signing Ryan Kent.

The 21 year-old today signed on-loan until the end of the season from Liverpool, and joins up with a host of staff he worked alongside on the banks of the Mersey.

More here: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/a-familiar-feel-for-ryan/

Disappointed if this ends Brandon Barker link because with Barker you know what you're getting. He has blistering pace and dribbling ability that simply doesn't exist in our current squad. Kent may offer this but he may not, it looks like another risk. Hope I'm wrong.

IIRC ... Hodzic was once targetted by Liverpool but didn't get a work-permit. Someone remembered this and since we got Gerrard, that chap put the question out whether he would be a decent signing. From then on it grew arms and legs.

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

IIRC ... Hodzic was once targetted by Liverpool but didn't get a work-permit. Someone remembered this and since we got Gerrard, that chap put the question out whether he would be a decent signing. From then on it grew arms and legs.

He was at Liverpool for three years. They had to loan him out the whole time because of the WP issues.

Gutted it's just a rumour. Got excited ?

23 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Disappointed if this ends Brandon Barker link because with Barker you know what you're getting. He has blistering pace and dribbling ability that simply doesn't exist in our current squad. Kent may offer this but he may not, it looks like another risk. Hope I'm wrong.

I think Kent will bring that. 

Of course, Barker has done 'well' for Hibs and so has experience in this league, but then Kent has done 'well' for Barnsley in the Championship. 

I don't think they are risks in what they bring (pace, dribbling etc), but they are both a risk in whether they can do it for us, against the common opposition set-ups we face.  

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I think Kent will bring that. 

Of course, Barker has done 'well' for Hibs and so has experience in this league, but then Kent has done 'well' for Barnsley in the Championship. 

I don't think they are risks in what they bring (pace, dribbling etc), but they are both a risk in whether they can do it for us, against the common opposition set-ups we face.  

I've only seen brief youtube videos of Kent but he seemed another cutting inside type. I was very impressed with the ease at which Barker could get past defenders use his pace and dribbling ability. I think we need to be using width and getting to the byline far more he'd bring that. Hopefully Kent will too but who knows.