The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

33 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

BTW ... what a mess the English window timeing is. Just imagine someone throws in a valuation-meeting offer for Windass and Taverniern and both have to sign by 5 pm ... with us playing but 3 hours later.

I hadn't thought of that! Looks very unlikely at this stage however as valuations of both Winass and Tavernier appear to be miles apart. I'd bite their hand off if they offered anything like £5m for Tav but £2m is easy to turn down.

In the unlikely scenario a club really want Windass or Tav today, the fact we're playing is a great negotiating tool and would push up their values.

Four Lads Had A Dream via Twitter: (yesterday)
Rangers have rejected the bid from WBA which is described as ‘insulting’ and significantly less than £3m being reported
No bids or interest for Foderingham, Alnwick or Windass (or anyone else) as yet
This could change over next 24hrs as English window closes.

Four Lads Had A Dream via Twitter (just now)
Meanwhile on English transfer deadline day, I don’t expect it to be quiet for long ........

+

STV says we are in talks with Swansea regarding a Declan John (loan?) deal

+

Teamtalk (IIRC) has an article saying that we want 7m for Tavernier ... though that might be plugged out of thin air.

Snatched from FF ergarding John ... who seemingly negotiates a permanent deal.

I've heard from a few people that he wants to go back to Wales because of a personal issue after his papa died, I don't know how much weight it holds TBH but surely nobody would make that up!?
I think he's a gent and a smashing football player.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/swansea-in-talks-with-rangers-over-permanent-john-deal.40544/

12 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

No bids or interest for Foderingham, Alnwick or Windass (or anyone else) as yet
This could change over next 24hrs as English window closes.

We've still got a number of players who we need off the wage bill. It's a bit of disaster if they're all still here in 24 hours because England is the most obvious destination for most of them. 

Edited by DMAA

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Snatched from FF ergarding John ... who seemingly negotiates a permanent deal.

I've heard from a few people that he wants to go back to Wales because of a personal issue after his papa died, I don't know how much weight it holds TBH but surely nobody would make that up!?
I think he's a gent and a smashing football player.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/swansea-in-talks-with-rangers-over-permanent-john-deal.40544/

Would be great to get a fee for him. Should make a decent profit on him too because we've brought him on signficantly and he's featured several times for Wales in that time so would be a popular signing at Swansea.

With John looking like he is out the door, does it look like Wallace is being given another chance, how long is he injured for, when is the disciplinary with the club. I could see both him and lafferty running down their contracts and going the opposite way.

44 minutes ago, DMAA said:

We've still got a number of players who we need off the wage bill. It's a bit of disaster if they're all still here in 24 hours because England is the most obvious destination for most of them. 

We can still loan them to EFL clubs until the end of the month.