The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

This all over the place I would say needlessly over multiple posts which I can't be bothered going over again. Here's the gist of it.

I say with a Euro run thrown in we can compete with the likes of Leeds and their 18K of season tickets and average 20K or so crowds you say we can't. That's your opinion and mine is that we're superior to them in every way aside from their TV money.

And their TV cash isn't net. Unless they pay no tax.

Tax is paid on cumulative annual net profit, not cash or income.

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Not necessarily.

Make this Europa league group stage and we can more than compete with them. Chances are we already banked a minimum 3 million in gate money from the 3 qualifying rounds home ties we have played. 

Making the group stages would be a MAJOR plus for several reasons, including the financial but we've still got to get past two teams who will be thinking the same.

This coming 4 or 5 days has two difficult away games that will have a bearing on the amount of games our squad have in front of them and perhaps the depth required in that squad. 

On 13/08/2018 at 19:19, JFK-1 said:

I remember some talk of wildcards for the qualifying rounds.

Yes, but only if signed before the first leg.

--------------------

UEFA rules

For the qualifying phase and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of two new eligible players on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time. 

P.39

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Is it only me or does the money seem to have dried up for future signings?

There are two positions we are definitely singings players for, Centre Forward and Centre Back. We're reluctant to pay 750k for a CF and we have tried to loan a player for CB.

I had expected we'd still have at least £2m to spend but if we did it would surely be spent on those positions, so what's going on?

40 minutes ago, DMAA said:

There are two positions we are definitely singings players for, Centre Forward and Centre Back. We're reluctant to pay 750k for a CF and we have tried to loan a player for CB.

I had expected we'd still have at least £2m to spend but if we did it would surely be spent on those positions, so what's going on?

I do wonder if we're waiting to see what happens tomorrow night before deciding upon our preferred targets.

39 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I guess there needs to a be a centre back highlighted as available to purchase before we could buy one.  If there isn't then loan deals for players who might not be available to purchase is the next best thing.  As for paying hearts money I would be trying to give them as little as possible as well :D.  Finding players available in your price range that are good enough is also a challenge in itself.

8 minutes ago, Craigy1881 said:

As for paying hearts money I would be trying to give them as little as possible as well :D.  Finding players available in your price range that are good enough is also a challenge in itself.

It ultimately comes down to how much SG & MA value the player - if they see £750k (in the case of Lafferty) as good value for money then fine, they meet Hearts valuation & job done.  However, if they see him worth no more than £500k and Hearts are unwilling to sell at that price, then we walk away & close the door on a monetary deal - Hearts potentially lose out by not getting a penny.

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I do wonder if we're waiting to see what happens tomorrow night before deciding upon our preferred targets.

The major difference in revenue would be making the group stages.

Tomorrow we are effectively playing for about a million pounds or so (net) that would come from participation in the play-off round.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

The major difference in revenue would be making the group stages.

Tomorrow we are effectively playing for about a million pounds or so (net) that would come from participation in the play-off round.

Of course but it may be the board see tomorrow's game as being the toughest tie to win.  Or at least, the play-off round achievable enough to sanction further serious funds for better players.