The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I thought he was sending a message to the board as to negotiating tactics, eg. Lafferty.

It’s being reported that I think it was Levein who is saying Lafferty’s “head has been turned” by the Rangers interest. Hardly surprising and you would think that might make it all the more imperative for them to strike a reasonable deal and offload him.

2 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

When did he say 24hrs?

Only thing I heard him say was he is in a rush and expects two more before Aberdeen game .

This was what he actually said

'24 hours' is used by paper earlier in article and seems to have been their take on the enboldened text below.

.............Gerrard wants new players on board this week.

Asked after the Latics clash about reinforcements before Aberdeen he said: “I would love that. I hope it is tomorrow. I am in a rush.

“The Kean deal is finished. We have loads of targets we have been monitoring. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get an agreement with Kean. He wants to keep his options open and we respect that. You can see quite clearly today that we need a centre-back so that is definitely an area that we are trying to add in. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.”....................

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-rush-recruit-rangers-13001140

Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Asked after the Latics clash about reinforcements before Aberdeen he said: “I would love that.. I am in a rush.

“The Kean deal is finished. We have loads of targets we have been monitoring. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get an agreement with Kean. He wants to keep his options open and we respect that. You can see quite clearly today that we need a centre-back so that is definitely an area that we are trying to add in. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.”....................

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-rush-recruit-rangers-13001140

I hope it is tomorrow

It was not a statement saying 24 hours just a wish.

9 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

I hope it is tomorrow

It was not a statement saying 24 hours just a wish.

I think it fair to say he wants a couple players (probably a CH and a CF) sharpish and it's understandable.

Edited by buster.

Appreciating that Lafferty evokes mixed opinions I would highlight that when I saw him at tynecastle Vs the sheep late last season he was unplayable. 

He can do a job for us for sure. 

13 hours ago, buster. said:

'24 hours' is used by paper earlier in article and seems to have been their take on the enboldened text below.

Asked after the Latics clash about reinforcements before Aberdeen he said: “I would love that. I hope it is tomorrow. I am in a rush.

Aye he went on to say he wants them here before the Aberdeen game.

Usual papers cutting bits to create a story down the line.

2 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Aye he went on to say he wants them here before the Aberdeen game.

Usual papers cutting bits to create a story down the line.

To be useful for the Aberdeen game (Sunday), I think you'd need to get them in by end of play, today.