The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

6 hours ago, buster. said:

I doubt a deal for Lafferty will be done anytime soon unless KL himself pushes for it within Hearts.

They'll want closer to 1M and probably won't go lower than 500/600K.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lafferty did push for it but he’s a 30 year old with around 10 months left on a contract. They can take the proverbial flying jump if they ask for a million for a guy we could sign for free on a precontract in just a little more than 5 months from now.

we got a 21 year old Morelos for a million.

4 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Bryan deal is off, Rangers said to have walked away.

Seemingly failed the medical. The new Doctor looks to have tightened up on what is acceptable.

10 hours ago, les186 said:

Surely we've got to look for better than Lafferty. Didn't Hearts get him for bugger all?

Looking isn't the problem, it's finding those who are within our budget that is more difficult.

Value for money in the English market is rare so that leaves Scotland or overseas.

Lafferty is a known commodity that for the right price would improve the squad.

He 'll score some goals, won't be consistent, can bother any defence in Scotland (ie. Celtic), can show flashes of real class, another free-kick expert.

Just now, colinstein said:

I felt we'd been ripped off last time Lafferty was with us. Can't remember how much we paid for him but the feeling at the time was Owen Coyle ? got the best out of that deal.

Buying from the English market (Burnley),...4.2M rings a bell and was mostly for potential.

If we could get him for below 500K, I think it likely we'd get value for money.

Going for another loan has it's risks.

For balance, I think we've got enough players on loan unless we find a player that we think can make a difference, has real quality and is the type to come up and actually provide it on the pitch.