The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

9 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

He said before the game not for the game. Imagine it means this week.

We need cover in asp because injuries in certain positions would leave us threadbare.

That includes a potential injury on Thursday that were to keep say Morelos or Katic out of the game on Sunday.

Aside: Another positive about Morelos is that he doesn't seem to spend much time in the treatment room, (wood touched).

Will be interesting to get another look at Borna Barisic on Thursday. Given Allen has said we’ll be keeping an eye on the Croatian market surely he’s one we’ll be tracking. We’ve really lacked a natural left peg like that in our side in recent years. 

2 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

We will get them 

It's about Who and When.

I don't think we are in a position to play brinksmanship until the end of the transfer window, we need a CH and a CF now.

9 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

We will get them 

Yeah, I'm confident enough we'll get them - not so confident they'll be as good as I hoped.  Lafferty seems a cert to be the striker so it will be interesting to see how far down the menu we now are for the central defender option after missing out on our two preferred candidates.

In general though, I'm pleased we will have all but completed our squad changes by the start of the league season and I'm fairly happy with the depth of the squad and associated quality.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's about Who and When.

I don't think we are in a position to play brinksmanship until the end of the transfer window, we need a CH and a CF now.

I'd imagine we'll get both this week as the manager seemed determined on that front. 

13 hours ago, Gogso said:

Appreciating that Lafferty evokes mixed opinions I would highlight that when I saw him at tynecastle Vs the sheep late last season he was unplayable. 

He can do a job for us for sure. 

How many times have we been stung by this? Players at diddy Scottish sides who look like world beaters, then are beyond dreadful when we sign him? We signed Lafferty for £4m, he played for us for four years and scored 38 goals. He's nowhere near good enough and he never will be. 

I could maybe understand this if we were awash with decent strikers and he was going to be 4th or 5th choice AND if he was free. But this isn't the case.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

... or we pray that Morelos and Sadiq won't suffer an injury ... or else we may need to throw Rudden into the fray, or play Murphy, Windass or Kent up front.  Lafferty had a goal average of 1 goal per 2 games last season, at Hearts! Including three against the Scum and one against us. Is the same age as Hateley was when we got him, knows the Premiership and its defenders inside out and how to play them.

Lafferty would sure not be on the top of my list of future Rangers strikers, but as a back up for a long season at a decent fee, he sure is on that list and not too far from the top either.

Edited by der Berliner