The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 hour ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

We will get them 

On a side note , is there a definitive answer on whether we had a sell on clause on Waghorn , cheers 

28 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... or we pray that Morelos and Sadiq won't suffer an injury ... or else we may need to throw Rudden into the fray, or play Murphy, Windass or Kent up front.  Lafferty had a goal average of 1 goal per 2 games last season, at Hearts! Including three against the Scum and one against us. Is the same age as Hateley was when we got him, knows the Premiership and its defenders inside out and how to play them.

Lafferty would sure not be on the top of my list of future Rangers strikers, but as a back up for a long season at a decent fee, he sure is on that list and not too far from the top either.

He scored 12 league goals last season so let's not get carried away with how well he performed. We also know full well by now that scoring goals for non old firm teams is a completely different kettle of fish.

We had four years to assess him and he proved he wasn't good enough. 

31 minutes ago, rbr said:

On a side note , is there a definitive answer on whether we had a sell on clause on Waghorn , cheers 

I think we can file that under.............. 'we'll probably never know for sure'.

I'd be happy enough with Lafferty as another option up front, obviously a Rangers fan, runs himself into the ground for the team, decent at set pieces, good record against them last season, still only 30, a yes from me :)

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Yeah, I'm confident enough we'll get them - not so confident they'll be as good as I hoped.  Lafferty seems a cert to be the striker so it will be interesting to see how far down the menu we now are for the central defender option after missing out on our two preferred candidates.

In general though, I'm pleased we will have all but completed our squad changes by the start of the league season and I'm fairly happy with the depth of the squad and associated quality.

I'd have thought we may have to reduce or hold back on the budget given uncertainties/costs arising in projected revenue.

2 hours ago, johnnyk said:

I'd be happy enough with Lafferty as another option up front, obviously a Rangers fan, runs himself into the ground for the team, decent at set pieces, good record against them last season, still only 30, a yes from me :)

We need a striker and given budget and time limitations etc he seems the only remaining viable option. A proven quantity from last season and as good a backup as we can hope to bring in with the aforementioned limitations.

59 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Has Lafferty improved since he left Ibrox? I very much doubt it.

He's been to Switzerland, Turkey, Italy, and England. He's never the penalty-box killer everyone seemingly wants, but has experience galore, including 67 caps for Northern Ireland and 20 goals to his name. And he left us 6 years ago. 19 goals in 41 games for Hearts last season, Scottish defences will know he is there.