The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

49 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Honestly, we are starting to seriously lacking in depth when it comes to senior players.

I advocated the quality over quantity approach so I can’t complain but we are frightfully thin given the likely European campaign. However there’s no doubt we’ll make additions and could it be that some players would only sign for us if we made the groups, and therefore we’ll have to wait till the 31st to see a few additions? If it’s a matter of waiting till then to make better quality signings I would definitely do it. 

I think the pursuit of Lafferty should be cooled (if it's even still active).

Seeing the squad listed, we badly need some reliable cover in central defense - a couple of defensive injuries could see us REALLY struggling.

Jordan Jones could be a good shout though in the attacking area....has always given us problems & there was an attempt to purchase a few years ago.

I don't see the Jordan Jones attraction. Very good pace and decent at dribbling. He doesn't look near the level we want to be at all. Arfield actually made it easy for him to get past for his assist at the weekend. And Killie want £1m like every other club when we come for one of their players. We need to spend our money more wisely than that.

Edited by DMAA

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I don't see the Jordan Jones attraction. Very good pace and decent at dribbling. He doesn't look near the level we want to be at all. Arfield actually made it easy for him to get past for his assist at the weekend. And Killie want £1m like every other club when we come for one of their players. We need to spend our money more wisely than that.

I reckon at 1M, we'd get value and an eventual profit.

Kilmarnock would probably want a tadge more.

I'm thinking about a transfer kitty, only if boosted by EL group stage revenue.

Edited by buster.

I haven't seen too much of Jones, but have seen enough to say that he is no Laudrup. 

I would rather see the boy Middleton have a run, and the transfer kitty spent elsewhere.

If the Murphy situation is grave, then SG, clearly,  will need to bring in a player, at very least as cover.

Kilmarnock will want a premium price for his services, of course, particularly if we appear to be desperate for a body. 

Frankly, I would rather not buy from the SPL, as we will be unlikely to achieve value, and will be messed about as a matter of course.

Edited by Uilleam

7 hours ago, DMAA said:

I advocated the quality over quantity approach so I can’t complain but we are frightfully thin given the likely European campaign. However there’s no doubt we’ll make additions and could it be that some players would only sign for us if we made the groups, and therefore we’ll have to wait till the 31st to see a few additions? If it’s a matter of waiting till then to make better quality signings I would definitely do it. 

Window shuts that day so doubt it??

I'm in two minds about Lafferty since we could sign him for free on a pre-contract a little over 4  months from now. And that would teach others the lesson that if you string us along asking for unrealistic money then we will still come back for your player and take him for absolutely nothing.

But he seems to be the bane of them. His very presence even if starting on the bench at the piggery next month if he were to be signed soon may be a psychological blow to them. They have to already know that we're not the sieve like defence of recent seasons anymore and he is a proven threat they seem unable to cope with.

Edited by JFK-1