The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

I'd be disappointed if we sign Lafferty on a pre-contract.  Surely we should be looking to improve.  Bringing in half decent ex players would suggest we're happy at this level.

I hope Rangers are looking elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm in two minds about Lafferty since we could sign him for free on a pre-contract a little over 4  months from now. And that would teach others the lesson that if you string us along asking for unrealistic money then we will still come back for your player and take him for absolutely nothing.

But he seems to be the bane of them. His very presence even if starting on the bench at the piggery next month if he were to be signed soon may be a psychological blow to them. They have to already know that we're not the sieve like defence of recent seasons anymore and he is a proven threat they seem unable to cope with.

The lesson is more likely to be on us if we don't get some back-up in soon.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I'd be disappointed if we sign Lafferty on a pre-contract.  Surely we should be looking to improve.  Bringing in half decent ex players would suggest we're happy at this level.

I hope Rangers are looking elsewhere.  

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Nor do we grow money trees at Auchenhowie.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Funnily enough, I could see Lafferty climbing trees in his spare time.

We can do better for less money.

can we?  like who?  genuinely interested to know who is available for that sort of cash

Barisic and Katic are good clues where we should be looking.

The constant need to bring back old players is like a disease at Rangers.  It's weird.
Both cost more than lafferty. Before you even allow for them being defenders and as such cheaper than strikers

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Both cost more than lafferty

Both have caps for Croatia.  A bit more digging might be required but I'm sure there will be gems for decent prices.