The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Cover at centre back looks like a priority to me.

Perhaps we will bring in an experienced player on deadline day.

giphy.gif

I think we could also afford to bring in Lafferty.  No point in waiting for him for next season.  We need him in now.

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Barisic and Katic are good clues where we should be looking

I tend to agree with this. Lafferty is decent value for now but he’s another signing with no sell on value. He’s just turning 31 and reaching the stage of his career where injuries will start to creep in. Nothing would guarantee that more than signing for Rangers. 

If a deal for Lafferty can be done which appears ever more likely then it's plain to see he's going to be joining our squad regardless of any reservations there may be among the support. If he does indeed join then it's obvious Gerrard decided he can do a job for us and since he has been spot on so far I will trust his judgement.

Keep in mind that Gerrard is putting his reputation and his future prospects on the line here and wont be entering into these deals without putting a great deal of thought into it. Lafferty will give us another dimension in the front line and especially against the yahoos he's a been terror in recent times.