The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Skrtel is 33 (34 in Dec).  We need to calm down with the over 30s.

Doesn't matter who signs, there will always be fans who have a negative opinion on it!. Like every manager I think I will let him sign whoever he wants and then judge them on performances!

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If he's fit and healthy, a good experienced centre-half with ability is more than welcome.

Just don't make all the signings over 30.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

If he's fit and healthy, a good experienced centre-half with ability is more than welcome.

Just don't make all the signings over 30.

Does anybody think SG would spend that kind of cash on a dud? I don't, we have to remember the personal gamble SG is taking coming to Rangers! he will want to be successful as he knows he is under worldwide scrutiny. I am confident he will sign players who he knows will not let him down!

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Does anybody think SG would spend that kind of cash on a dud? I don't, we have to remember the personal gamble SG is taking coming to Rangers! he will want to be successful as he knows he is under worldwide scrutiny. I am confident he will sign players who he knows will not let him down!

I don't think anyone thinks Skrtel is a dud and if SG trusts him, he wants him and we get him, then good.

Edited by buster.
learning to spell Skrtel !

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't think anyone thinks Skrtel is a dud and if SG trusts him, he wants him and we get him, then good.

I wasn't aiming that at you mate, just a general post

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I take it my Harry Enfield "calm down" reference was overlooked?  

I'm all for some experienced players, especially at the back.  

I actually think Tavernier will get the benefit of having good CB's, or should I say both full backs. 

Tav gets a bit of a raw deal, IMO, from fans, I am a fan of Tav and believe he is one of our best players. He and any full back should be allowed to go forward at anytime, as he does, and he should have the belief he will be covered, which IMO doesn't get that and therefore he is blamed for being out of position if he goes forward and we lose a goal.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I am never too fussy with players age tbh! too much ageism some times, you need experienced players in every team, depending on cost! and you just hope the manager knows they will do the business!