The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Assuming those two sign, and assuming we stick with the dreaded 4-3-2-1, our starting line-up currently looks like this IMO. Improved from back to front.

Macgregor

Tavernier             Skrtel              Alves        John             

McCrorie             Rossiter/Jack

Wilson                  Arfield/Dorrans          Murphy                  

Morelos

Next priorities are;

• Sell Halliday, Hodson, MOH, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Dodoo, Wallace, Holt, Wes and/or Jak, Forrester. BOGOF everything must go
  • Sign a second quality striker (McBurnie?)
  • Sign a young quality centre back (Goldson?)
  • Sign a young winger who has pace and dribbling skills
Edited by DMAA

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Assuming those two sign, and assuming we stick with the dreaded 4-3-2-1, our starting line-up currently looks like this IMO. Improved from back to front.

Macgregor

Tavernier             Skrtel                    Alves                     John

McCrorie             Rossiter/Jack

Wilson                       Arfield/Dorrans                             Murphy

Morelos

Next priorities are;

• Sell Halliday, Hodson, MOH, Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Dodoo, Wallace, Holt, Wes and/or Jak, Forrester. BOGOF everything must go
  • Sign a second quality striker (McBurnie?)
  • Sign a young quality centre back (Goldson?)
  • Sign a young winger who has pace and dribbling skills

Remember, we still require squad players of a decent enough standard to step in IF required.

Out of the list there, I think it's safe to say MOH, Dodoo, Wallace, & Probably Wes will be offski.   If Hodson can't get a game when 2 left backs are out, then I'd expect him to be looking else where.  I don't see Cardoso or Holt being moved on (just yet).  I think Halliday, Herrera & Pena, may hang about until SG determines if they have a future at the club....that may be the same for Dodoo.

Martin Skrtel and Harry Wilson close to Rangers transfers with Gers confident duo will be on board before Steven Gerrard’s arrival

It's understood Gers have almost agreed a £2.7million deal for Skrtel, who is set to pen a three-year deal, while Wilson is closing in on a one-year loan.

RANGERS are close to signing Martin Skrtel and Harry Wilson.

It’s understood Gers have almost agreed a £2.7million deal to take Skrtel from Fenerbahce.

The Slovakian defender is set to pen a three-year deal to link up with former Liverpool team-mate Steven Gerrard at Ibrox.

Anfield winger Wilson is also set to move north, with Gers closing in on a one-year loan.

Wilson spent last season on loan at Hull City and is rated highly by former under-18s coach Gerrard.

Talks are understood to have progressed over the weekend, with Gers confident both players will be on board before new boss Gerrard arrives for work on June 1.

Gers have already signed Scott Arfield and Allan McGregor on free transfers, while loan winger Jamie Murphy joined on a permanent deal from Brighton.

But Sean Goss has confirmed he won’t be returning next season.

The midfielder arrived in January on loan from Queen’s Park Rangers and scored twice in 15 appearances at Ibrox.

The 22-year-old former Manchester United starlet was a regular under Graeme Murty before being axed after March’s 3-2 home defeat to Celtic.

Goss was recalled by stand-in boss Jimmy Nicholl for the 5-5 final-day draw with Hibs.

Now he has taken to social media to thank the club.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2676716/rangers-martin-skrtel-harry-wilson-transfer-news-steven-gerrard-close/

22 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Remember, we still require squad players of a decent enough standard to step in IF required.

Out of the list there, I think it's safe to say MOH, Dodoo, Wallace, & Probably Wes will be offski.   If Hodson can't get a game when 2 left backs are out, then I'd expect him to be looking else where.  I don't see Cardoso or Holt being moved on (just yet).  I think Halliday, Herrera & Pena, may hang about until SG determines if they have a future at the club....that may be the same for Dodoo.

Holt is the only one who I like as a backup but centre mid is too crowded. He’s probably 5th choice which means he doesn’t even make the bench unless there are 1/2 injuries. That’s the job of a youth player IMO. 

I liked Martin Kelly at Liverpool when he played CB, but he's too versatile for his own good; he's not brilliant at any single position. 

I don't think he'll sign to be an understudy. 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/slovakia-goes-glasgow-big-news-rangers-steven-gerrard-skrtel-solves-future/

We’ll be honest, when Martin Skrtel to Rangers claims really got going in Turkey, we assumed it was just assumption built on top of assumption.

With Steven Gerrard at the Scottish Premiership club and the pair playing together at Liverpool, the pieces seemed to fit. Then there’s David Bates joining Hamburg, and Bruno Alves almost joining the retirement brigade, and it was all there.

Not to mention Fenerbahce realising they’re probably paying him too much, as they often do, so an exit wouldn’t be the end of the world. Skrtel to Rangers started to pick up steam and has now been covered in the Scottish press too.

We thought it’d be worthwhile having a look over in Slovakia… and it certainly was.

Pravda, who are a big deal in Slovakia (they’ve been speaking to Marek Hamsik today) have a headline saying Skrtel is missing from an upcoming international, and then it’s stated ‘He goes to Glasgow’.

Embed from Getty Images

The country’s national manager Jan Kozak is quoted explaining the defender needed a break: “I’d like to see him in the team, I was interested in getting him here. He’s captain, it would be good to be with the team now. But his condition is not good. He first had muscle problems, then he hit his head, played with injections… Finally, we have agreed that as an older player he needs more rest, so he can get things right.”

Pravda then state: ‘The defender also solves his future. Glasgow Rangers’ long-standing interest in his services has become more specific. He was picked by his former Liverpool teammate Steven Gerrard, who became the Rangers coach. After two years, the Slovak hunter should leave the Turkish gran club Fenerbahce and return to the islands for £2.7m, which is slightly more than €3m.’

This is presented as their own information. They’ve covered other parts of the story, but given credit previously to Turkish or Scottish sources. This feels different, like there could actually be some truth in it.

Maybe Steven Gerrard has tempted Skrtel with the prospect of some kind of coaching role.

8 minutes ago, SteveC said:

But his condition is not good. He first had muscle problems, then he hit his head, played with injections… Finally, we have agreed that as an older player he needs more rest, so he can get things right.”

The other big reason why we should be limiting exposure to players this age