The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

16 hours ago, craig said:

I think you and I will need to agree to disagree :D

Yes I think we’ve taken that far enough. 

Time to be patient I suppose and see how much we actually have to spend and who is brought in. There’s no doubt Skrtel is exactly the kind of defender we’re desperate for. 

I thought it was highly unlikely at £4m, but I would be mightily impressed if we could get Skrtel. He was a machine at Liverpool, strong, powerful. 

He was out for a month or two, I believe, with a knee problem in January/February, but when he's fit he plays 90 minutes for Fenerbahce; he played 43 games last season. 

7 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Aw Naw!!

Not Rangers knee!!

Say it ain't so, Rousseau!!

Now that I look at it, it's "knee problems" which made him miss 29 days, 7 games. Not as bad as it looked. 

To be fair, I think he'll be fine going by this headline:

'Skrtel suffers horror head injury needing ten stitches in hospital'

He refused to be subbed off, got some stitches at half-time, and played on with a bandage to help the team win the game. He was then whisked to hospital to get more stitches. 

That's Butcher-esque. That's what we need. 

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos wanted by Besiktas on loan with a view to permanent transfer, according to reports in Turkey

Steven Gerrard officially starts work at Gers on June 1 but he's already been busy identifying targets and assessing his squad for next season.

BESIKTAS are set to make an ambitious move to sign Rangers’ top scorer Alfredo Morelos on loan, according to reports in Turkey.

Steven Gerrard officially starts work at the club on June 1 but he’s already been busy identifying targets and spent a chunk of this week with new No2 Gary McAllister in Dubai.

There’s certain to be a mass players’ exodus this summer with Gerrard wanting to put his own stamp on the team.

And Morelos has already attracted interest from the Istanbul giants, knocked out of the Champions League this season in the last 16 by Bayern Munich.

The 21-year-old Colombian netted 18 goals in his first season in Glasgow which attracted attention from Chinese clubs with figures of up to £10 million being mentioned.

But his stock has fallen after netting just once in his last ten games and enduring a series of nightmare misses against Celtic.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2665170/alfredo-morelos-besiktas-rangers-transfer/

I think it’s would be a mistake to let him go when his stock has fallen. 6/12 months in a much stronger side will bring the best out of him. Definitely good enough to be in a title winning side in my opinion but preferably not up front alone. 

Edited by DMAA