The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Yes, he probably will, even without refs being what they are to us - if he's slow with age and injury* then................well we know the rest, we've seen it often enough. 

*We will just have to hope that is not the case.

Edited by SteveC
Added last, additional, line

So presumably if Skrtel actually is signing, Gerrard despite not officially starting till June first and despite saying he was stepping back till then out of respect for the interim management must really be working away in the background.

I think we would all agree there is no way someone of the calibre of Skrtel would be coming to us if not for the Gerrard connection. All good if others of that pedigree were happy to link up with Gerrard. Perhaps one of the reasons the board decided to gamble on him.

Edited by JFK-1

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

So presumably if Skrtel actually is signing, Gerrard despite not officially starting till June first and despite saying he was stepping back till then out of respect for the interim management must really be working away in the background.

I think we would all agree there is no way someone of the calibre of Skrtel would be coming to us if not for the Gerrard connection. All good if others of that pedigree were happy to link up with Gerrard. Perhaps one of the reasons the board decided to gamble on him.

Alves IMO is a bigger name.

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Some murmurs about right-back Martin Kelly, who is out of contract at Crystal Palace soonish. Signed for them in 2014 from - you guessed it - Liverpool. Can also play CH and left-back. Sure an upgrade on Hodson, some will say.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/martin-kelly/profil/spieler/78959

A frig’n tortoise would be an upgrade on Hodson.:D

Martin Kelly is a decent defender in the EPL, so should do okay up here.

As for Skrtel...one of those, could go well but we've had a few bad gambles recently, so I'm refraining from being too hopeful.

57 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Martin Kelly is a decent defender in the EPL, so should do okay up here.

As for Skrtel...one of those, could go well but we've had a few bad gambles recently, so I'm refraining from being too hopeful.

Martin Kelly has been called into England squads admittedly due to an injury to Gary Cahill but if he's good enough to reach even back up level for an England squad he's good enough for the SPL. Only 33 games in 6 years at Liverpool but failing to get a regular berth in a Liverpool team is hardly failure. 

33 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I’ll be glad if Skrtel isn’t a target. Very contradictory reports though, there must have been a change in mind somewhere.