The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

58 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Rangers have been linked with a move for Portsmouth striker Brett Pitman

This is the most depressing rumour yet. I’m going to choose not to believe it. 

16 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It is a rumour. If you don't jump on the Torres/Lucas/Skrtel bandwaggon, you won't be  fazed by such a rumour like the above. ;)

We can all go bananas (either way) once this or that chaps drives into Auchenhowie et al ...

16 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It would be a downgrade on Waghorn/Garner type striker with no resale value.

I wouldn't worry too much, we'll have hundreds of players linked with us but only sign a handful or so.

5db.jpg

34 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It is a rumour. If you don't jump on the Torres/Lucas/Skrtel bandwaggon, you won't be  fazed by such a rumour like the above. ;)

We can all go bananas (either way) once this or that chaps drives into Auchenhowie et al ...

I agree. But I think that there’s often truth in the interest bit, and if so then it doesn’t bode very well. Our UK scout is John Brown, who may be a good guy but I don’t exactly trust him as a scout. However it’s very early days :)

This guy was close but no resale value went against him.........

A worldy but no confirmation of any interest as I type........

Definite resale value here.........

Edited by buster.

BTW ...

Methinks Arfield and McGregor were essentially done before Gerrard arrived and/or he gave his consent. Murphy was AFAIK set into stone in January.

"Anything Gerrard" will most likely / reasonably happen only AFTER he actually arrives at Ibrox.

"Anything Liverppol" will most likely happen only after this week and the CL Final ... and probably not even next week, no matter whether Scouserland is in delirium or lament.

I take it that Allen will work all the time, as will Gerrard and Co.. But we should not expect anything to happen before SG actually steps into Ibrox.

The Scottish transfer window officially opens on June 9th and closes on August 31st. Our first EL game will be roundabout the 12th of July.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

BTW ...

Methinks Arfield and McGregor were essentially done before Gerrard arrived and/or he gave his consent. Murphy was AFAIK set into stone in January.

"Anything Gerrard" will most likely / reasonably happen only AFTER he actually arrives at Ibrox.

"Anything Liverppol" will most likely happen only after this week and the CL Final ... and probably not even next week, no matter whether Scouserland is in delirium or lament.

I take it that Allen will work all the time, as will Gerrard and Co.. But we should not expect anything to happen before SG actually steps into Ibrox.

The Scottish transfer window officially opens on June 9th and closes on August 31st. Our first EL game will be roundabout the 12th of July.

Totally agree....How can SG effectively know what/who he needs to bring in, before he's had a chance to really see what he's dealing with already.  I'd imagine he'll want to chat to the players as a group & individually and also run several training sessions to get a good idea of who's staying & who's going. 

Ha ... while posting the above some stuff came up on FF.

Rumour - Lvl: Whisper

Foderingham -> Sheffield Wednesday inital talks, no money

McBurnie - "we have offered 4m"

Rumour - Lvl: ITK

None

Rumour - Lvl: Official

None