The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Hughton likes Goldson and I doubt he’s going anywhere unless they get cover. But everyone knows he wants to play more and he’ll struggle to dislodge Dunk and Murphy in Brighton’s defence. 

In what is is my first and probably last ever ITK post, Liverpool youngster Ben Woodburn was mentioned to me as a possible loan. Might go nowhere, of course but I believe the interest is genuine

I hope we don't go overboard with loan youngsters from Liverpool or elsewhere. I don't mind loan players if they bring proven quality we don't have but if we're going to blood youngsters I'd rather it was our own so that we can benefit if/when they move on.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I hope we don't go overboard with loan youngsters from Liverpool or elsewhere. I don't mind loan players if they bring proven quality we don't have but if we're going to blood youngsters I'd rather it was our own so that we can benefit if/when they move on.

I’m in the same boat. More often than not, the loaned youngsters aren’t experienced enough / don’t have the heart to fill our strip.

1 hour ago, StuGers said:

I’m in the same boat. More often than not, the loaned youngsters aren’t experienced enough / don’t have the heart to fill our strip.

What we have to look for is a couple of real quality players from Liverpool.

I say Liverpool because it's the place where they'll hopefully be more more disposed to lend that real quality.

Hope we give Burt a contract extension ... watched him at the HK7s and there sure is bags of potential in the lad.

Wonder whether Hardie will get one too. Do that and hand him back to Livi for 6 month to see how he does regularly on Premiership level.

Edited by der Berliner

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Hope we give Burt a contract extension ... watched him at the HK7s and there sure is bags of potential in the lad.

Wonder whether Hardie will get one too. Do that and hand him back to Livi for 6 month to see how he does regularly on Premiership level.

We should be doing that with more of our loanees....let them help other Premiership teams against everyone else, but don't allow them to play against us - Ceptic have been doing it for years. (and if possible, include a clause stipulating a certain amount of 1st team action...).  

Can’t wait to see how this team shapes up. What a difference to have a transfer window where the signings actually go straight into the starting line-up. 

This time last last year our loan signings were Dalcio and Nemane :laugh2: