The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Our money won't go far dealing with EPL clubs and players.

Correct, assuming you mean buying from them.  However, when it comes to selling, that's exactly where we need to be dealing.  The money paid for mediocrity is incredible.

7 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Correct, assuming you mean buying from them.  However, when it comes to selling, that's exactly where we need to be dealing.  The money paid for mediocrity is incredible.

But that mediocrity seldom comes from Scotland.

To break into that market as a selling club in a meaningful way we have to start performing at a European level that goes beyond August.

34 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

FLHAD twittered that SG will hold talks with Josh Windass about his future at the club "and talk him into staying on".

We shall see.

You have to wonder about the route of that decision/information.

If SG has made his mind up about Windass, ok but how does that then get to FLHAD ?

35 minutes ago, buster. said:

You have to wonder about the route of that decision/information.

If SG has made his mind up about Windass, ok but how does that then get to FLHAD ?

I think Stevie has a reliable contact that gives him information fairly regularly.  Not sure how far down the chain he is but his info usually seems accurate - if not unofficially 'sanctioned' like supposedly happens with TRO.

Stevie will be on one of our future podcasts, so we'll be sure to ask him... :D

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think Stevie has a reliable contact that gives him information fairly regularly.  Not sure how far down the chain he is but his info usually seems accurate - if not unofficially 'sanctioned' like supposedly happens with TRO.

Stevie will be on one of our future podcasts, so we'll be sure to ask him... :D

I'm not really doubting what has been tweeted and I appreciate the information but is a steady leak from inside a good thing ?

What they say ...

Four Lads Had a Dream‏ @4ladshadadream
With days until the arrival of our new manager he has already put wheels in motion for next season He has met Josh Windass in an attempt to persuade the player to stay at Rangers, Gerrard feels he is an important player Negotiations continue with Brighton over Connor Goldson

Given SG's schedule, I do wonder where and when did he meet Windass. That said, if someone like SG comes to a boy like Josh and indeed asks you to stay, would you still go?

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

What they say ...

Four Lads Had a Dream‏ @4ladshadadream
With days until the arrival of our new manager he has already put wheels in motion for next season He has met Josh Windass in an attempt to persuade the player to stay at Rangers, Gerrard feels he is an important player Negotiations continue with Brighton over Connor Goldson

Given SG's schedule, I do wonder where and when did he meet Windass. That said, if someone like SG comes to a boy like Josh and indeed asks you to stay, would you still go?

I'd have hoped for SG seeing Windass as a way of getting a couple of million or so in the door to use more constructively :whistle: