The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

I'm hoping the pace picks up after today though don't want anything rushed.  But the reality is we have a crucial Europa league qualifying tie just 6 weeks from today.

46 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm hoping the pace picks up after today though don't want anything rushed.  But the reality is we have a crucial Europa league qualifying tie just 6 weeks from today.

I can't really see mass changes for the next couple of weeks - depending on the amount of contact etc SG has had with the squad till now.

The new manager will want to get an eyes-on view of the players in order to get a feel for their attitudes etc, before any wholesale changes.  I would think, the next few days will be getting to know the place, getting his stationary sorted for his desk & maybe speaking to coaching, analysis, Scouting staff, in order to build up a full picture of the current players.

I'll be amazed (and delighted) if this transfer window achieves even half of what some fans think it will. Unless new investors appear to boost our funds, I think it will take Gerrard two or three windows to build the team he needs to compete effectively. And that assumes he spends wisely. I'm sure we can get better very quickly but I think becoming good enough will take longer with our current spending power.

STEVEN GERRARD is weighing up a shock move for out-of-contract Scotland star Dylan McGeouch.

Gerrard — who officially starts work as Rangers boss on Friday — has been alerted to the availability of the midfielder.

Ex-Celtic squad man McGeouch, 25, decided to quit Hibs at the end of the season when his deal ran out and SunSport can reveal Gerrard’s No2 Gary McAllister has enquired about his situation.

Neil Lennon has NOT given up hope of talking McGeouch into staying and has made a huge effort to keep him.

It’s understood Lenny has tabled a deal worth around £3,000 a week that would make him one of the Easter Road club’s highest earners.

Championship outfit Blackburn could blow that out of the water with McGeouch tempted by the idea of joining pal Charlie Mulgrew at Ewood Park.

But SunSport can reveal Rangers are now in the frame.

The playmaker — in Mexico with Scotland after making his national team debut against Peru — was on the books at Ibrox as a kid before being lured back to Celtic where he started out.

Walter Smith was Gers boss at the time and did everything he could to keep the promising young talent at Ibrox.

But McGeouch opted for a move to Parkhead after Hoops boss Lennon talked him around.

The controversial swoop cost Celtic £100,000 in compensation but he failed to make the breakthrough.

He went on loan to Coventry, where McAllister has strong links, before joining Hibs.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2721885/dylan-mcgeouch-rangers-steven-gerrard-weighing-up-move-transfer-news-gary-mcallister/

14 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

STEVEN GERRARD is weighing up a shock move for out-of-contract Scotland star Dylan McGeouch.

Gerrard — who officially starts work as Rangers boss on Friday — has been alerted to the availability of the midfielder.

Ex-Celtic squad man McGeouch, 25, decided to quit Hibs at the end of the season when his deal ran out and SunSport can reveal Gerrard’s No2 Gary McAllister has enquired about his situation.

Neil Lennon has NOT given up hope of talking McGeouch into staying and has made a huge effort to keep him.

It’s understood Lenny has tabled a deal worth around £3,000 a week that would make him one of the Easter Road club’s highest earners.

Championship outfit Blackburn could blow that out of the water with McGeouch tempted by the idea of joining pal Charlie Mulgrew at Ewood Park.

But SunSport can reveal Rangers are now in the frame.

The playmaker — in Mexico with Scotland after making his national team debut against Peru — was on the books at Ibrox as a kid before being lured back to Celtic where he started out.

Walter Smith was Gers boss at the time and did everything he could to keep the promising young talent at Ibrox.

But McGeouch opted for a move to Parkhead after Hoops boss Lennon talked him around.

The controversial swoop cost Celtic £100,000 in compensation but he failed to make the breakthrough.

He went on loan to Coventry, where McAllister has strong links, before joining Hibs.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2721885/dylan-mcgeouch-rangers-steven-gerrard-weighing-up-move-transfer-news-gary-mcallister/

Heard that from a few folk recently. Didn't believe it, maybe a bit more to it afterall. 

I think he has been the best Hibs midfielder over the last few years. Better than Dorrans imo. i would even say he was more influential than McGinn.

Is Gerrard in Mexico?