The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Well, his stats ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/umar-sadiq/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/337715

... are not any "worse" than Solanke's and the level they played ain't that different.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominic-solanke/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/258889

If it is him, the front-line with Morelos, him and Hardie is rather young.

Just now, Rousseau said:

What are you expecting, though? A goalscorer that'll get 25 goals? He's not that type, as his record shows. 

He's a target- and link-up man. He's good on the break too. He gives us options, so in that sense it's not an "outside bet", he's just giving a specific skill-set that you are overlooking. 

IMO. :D 

Maybe he'll surprise us but his record suggests he's not going to make a significant difference/improvement.

Put simply, IMO we need a better quality of forward if we want to seriously challenge.

4 minutes ago, Darthter said:

based on Busters numbers....that's not very encouraging for a forward/attacking player - we get more goals than that from our right-back!!!!

We should be bringing in someone (ideally) that is scoring in about 50% of games played on average.  Someone that is at least getting into double figures for a season.

Well, 229 min + 226 min + 621 min = 1076 min or almost 12 full matches.

5 goals in 12 matches is (give or take) 42% strike rate...

Just now, buster. said:

Maybe he'll surprise us but his record suggests he's not going to make a significant difference/improvement.

Put simply, IMO we need a better quality of forward if we want to seriously challenge.

3 minutes ago, Darthter said:

based on Busters numbers....that's not very encouraging for a forward/attacking player - we get more goals than that from our right-back!!!!

We should be bringing in someone (ideally) that is scoring in about 50% of games played on average.  Someone that is at least getting into double figures for a season.

Again, you're seeing 'striker' and assuming he has to give X to be any 'good'. This guy will give Y. He's just a different type of striker. 

We need different options. 

Was Bergkamp a poor striker because he didn't score goals? Fernando Llorente was in-demand a few years back when he left Bilbao, but he barely scored -- even Spurs signed him last year, not to score goals but to give them another option in attack.

We could question his overall quality, but I don't see an issue: he was signed by Roma for £2M, and was on loan at Serie A sides. He's still young too, so I would n't expect the finished product.

i think you're being a bit harsh, and quick to judge. However, we can only wait and see. 

1 minute ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Well, 229 min + 226 min + 621 min = 1076 min or almost 12 full matches.

5 goals in 12 matches is (give or take) 42% strike rate...

Stats can say different thins

5 goals in 3 seasons = 1.66 goals per season

:D

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Again, you're seeing 'striker' and assuming he has to give X to be any 'good'. This guy will give Y. He's just a different type of striker. 

We need different options. 

Was Bergkamp a poor striker because he didn't score goals? Fernando Llorente was in-demand a few years back when he left Bilbao, but he barely scored -- even Spurs signed him last year, not to score goals but to give them another option in attack.

We could question his overall quality, but I don't see an issue: he was signed by Roma for £2M, and was on loan at Serie A sides. He's still young too, so I would n't expect the finished product.

i think you're being a bit harsh, and quick to judge. However, we can only wait and see. 

You glance at the backstory, consider the success rate of loan signings, look at the expectations.........

I'd say realistic rather than harsh.

You can't give a new inexperienced manager too many projects/challenges with individual circumstances/ outside bets and expect too much.

You need to give him some relative proven quality, at least down the spine of the team.

If this lad is to be a squad filler more than first team starter, I don't think it makes much sense as we'd be better giving Hardie the berth and put more money toward a starter.

If this lad is to be a squad filler, the move doesn't make much sense from his perspective.

But if he signs then good luck and we'll see what happens :whistle:

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

You glance at the backstory, consider the success rate of loan signings, look at the expectations.........

I'd say realistic rather than harsh.

You can't give a new inexperienced manager too many projects/challenges with individual circumstances/ outside bets and expect too much.

You need to give him some relative proven quality, at least down the spine of the team.

If this lad is to be a squad filler more than first team starter, I don't think it makes much sense as we'd be better giving Hardie the berth and put more money toward a starter.

If this lad is to be a squad filler, the move doesn't make much sense from his perspective.

But if he signs then good luck and we'll see what happens :whistle:

There's only so many times I can say it: You're equating 'quality' with a specific image of a 'striker', i.e. a goalscorer. He's not a goalscorer, he's a target-man. In that regard he gives the required quality; he gives options -- a rookie manager needs options. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

There's only so many times I can say it: You're equating 'quality' with a specific image of a 'striker', i.e. a goalscorer. He's not a goalscorer, he's a target-man. In that regard he gives the required quality; he gives options -- a rookie manager needs options. 

Options go so far.

SG needs some quality to work with.