[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates)

8 minutes ago, SteveC said:

FT 1-0.  Suspect our only shot on target.  Anyway, we win

6 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Bye bye to Ibrox from Bates.

Literally just got up to shoosh a greeting wean at 1:45am and caught that on RTV ??????

Edited by Barebear

I realise the onus is on us to break them down , but these tactics at this stage of the season  for a team that are sitting safe is a disgrace , football is about entertainment and I am so relieved that we didn't go for Clarke , that was brutal 

Two at most, I suspect: McCrorie and, on that performance, Alnwick. 

However with a lot of our dressing room contracted to at least the end of next season, he may have to keep a lot of them

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates 85') - See Saw Marjory Daw

Killie hat 8 or more players behind the ball all game, only leaving Boyd, Jones and the odd fellow up the park to feed of scraps, draw fouls and whatnot. Can't really think that most of the top tier teams played that way 5, 10 or 15 years ago. We sure had to break them down - and  I still think we started with the wrong formation, being far too defensive minded - and simply have not the quality to do that on a continual basis. McCrorie came on and charge into this like a man possessed, the way every one out there should have done. We sure lacked Goss' crips passing and crossing from the start, hope we'll change that soonish.

The "good" thing is that both Aberdeen and Hibs want to play and beat us, so spaces will be different. You just have to hope that they don't rip us a new one while we attempt to score ...

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates 85) - See Saw Marjory Daw
Just now, the gunslinger said:

If thats all clarke can offer its perhaps best we went elsewhere

It's what I said all along. Be that Wright or Clarke or someone else of that level. Setting up teams like Clarke did today and drilling them to perfection is probably the easist way to stay unbeaten or even sneak the odd win.

The next two games will be interesting.  We have to win at Pittodrie and based on the last few week's performances, I don't hold out much hope.  

I really hope Hearts win the Edinburgh derby on Wednesday.

Edited by Gonzo79

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Kilmarnock (Bates) - See Saw Marjory Daw