New sponsor/ investor rumour

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Not much point in commenting on warchest size until we see a fuller picture further down the line.

It's about spending what we have wisely and getting a lot more out of the assets currently employed.

That fits with the loan market and own player development strategy which is our stated MO but can’t help thinking we need a bit more to catch Celtic. 

£6m from this share issue.
£11m from season tickets (according to the Record last season).
£3.3m from Hummel (assuming that the money is split over 3 years).
£5m roughly from shirt sales (estimating here).

That's £25.3m before Europa league, TV money and the sale of players.

Just now, Walterbear said:

That fits with the loan market and own player development strategy which is our stated MO but can’t help thinking we need a bit more to catch Celtic. 

We won't be catching them next season.

Next season is about improving what we have and building something that can catch them prior to them getting 10IAR.

Some may moan that we should be all about going after them next season but IMO if we keep doing that trying to get shortcuts, we'll never get there. In other words, our best chance to stop the 10 is to take stock and 'build something'.

People need to get where we are at. Any team using hummel strips doesnt have a big market pull. There is zero chance we can get £5m+ for naming rights etc. Brands dont want to be associates with us the same way they used to. Bluechip is put off by the religious angle. Not many companies want to be seen to align their products with white British protestants. We need success to be a pull. Its catch 22

I could be wrong here but maybe Dave has learned something from last summer. He publicly announced that the SDI contract had been successfully renegotiated in the midst of discussions with Norwich City over Graham Dorrans. This may or may not have strengthened the Canaries bargaining position. If it did, it would serve no purpose to alert the market about increased resources for a second time.

Personally, I think that there were questions to be fielded regarding club governance and King didn't want that to encroach on Gerrard's unveiling, hence a separate briefing. People have put two and two together and came up with five with regard to revealing new board members etc, etc.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

£6m from this share issue.
£11m from season tickets (according to the Record last season).
£3.3m from Hummel (assuming that the money is split over 3 years).
£5m roughly from shirt sales (estimating here).

That's £25.3m before Europa league, TV money and the sale of players.

Almost enough to run the club.  We have a wage bill that needs to be paid, we have utility bills, non-playing staff wages, a stadium to run. We've been running at a loss for as long as any of us can remember. The money you mention isn't going to go on transfers.  It'll go on keeping us afloat. 

On another point, people keep on going on about transfer fees but you have to factor in wages, too - it's not just the fee itself.   We've a lot on our books already contracted throughout next season (and beyond).  

If we get the full picture of the knock on effects of the rights issue, I'd imagine that we will be in a better position to analyse the current shareholders strategy with regard to their intentions.

Let's be frank, Dave isn't going to broadcast commercially sensitive information to all and sundry because people have been overtly critical of him and nor should he IMO.

I'm pleased with the announcement.  I was expecting something along these lines and I'm surprised at anyone who thinks we will attract (or want) rich 'investors'.  I've said it many times beforehand, that we should be wary of non supporters bringing in their money because we should then be suspicious as to their motives.  A football club is a small time business and not one that would encourage a real investor.  We got into serious trouble by spending more than we had in the past.  I don't ever want us to risk the club by doing that again.  These funds will help us bring in the 4 or 5 players we need.  I'm quite sure that Gerrard has enough confidence in himself to know that he can improve the players we have, and in particular their characters.

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

NOMAD's are only required for companies on the AIM market, we are not on the AIM market we do not need a NOMAD, so find another stick with which to beat King.

Correct, that is why there will be no public issue, we have neither a listing nor a NOMAD.

No stick required.