Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

1 minute ago, craig said:

In which case you can apply the exact same logic to ANY EPL team and a team from a lesser nation.  Makes the comparison pointless when it covers everyone.

The comparison is subjective unless the two were to meet up.

Compare the budgets of the Croats and PSV last year and you'll almost certainly find a big difference that wasn't reflected on the park.

Whatever way you look at it we have to be more satisfied with it than the sheep can be. This is about as good as we can expect at this stage and if we can't beat them then we need to start accepting this is our current place in the Euro order.

In the meantime i'm not accepting that. We know we can score and we appear to be constructing a more solid defensive unit. I will remain confident till I have reason to be otherwise. The yahoos have been beating better opposition than this and if they can do it we can too.

Yes I know we have to beat Shkupi but for now I will take that for granted and be thankful of a competitive warm up for tougher opposition. Makes me wonder if finishing second in the league is all it's cracked up to be. Isn't it better to get an earlier round against lesser opposition to get up to match fitness? 

If we can't be first I see little value in second.

As for the sheep they have two chances. Slim and no chance. I'm glad we have an extra earlier round against lesser opposition

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes I know we have to beat Shkupi but for now I will take that for granted

After last season and other Euro embarrassments in recent memory, I can't believe anyone would take any match for granted.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

After last season and other Euro embarrassments in recent memory, I can't believe anyone would take any match for granted.

Well there you go, believe it, i'm taking it for granted. Berwick beat us years ago but that didn't stop us taking early round cup opponents for granted and neither should it.  There will always be occasional contrary and unexpected results.

But anyway, Shkupi stadium if anyone is interested in going there.

Shkupistadium.jpg

2 hours ago, craig said:

I feel like JFK-1.... lol.

The number of Aberdeen fans on Twitter saying "this is winnable" is laughable.  They are clearly delusional

One I saw.

Get decent players in, get the team up to speed and we will have decent go at them .

So there you have it, simply raid the glitterati of Europe for 'decent players' and it's a done deal. I feel their confidence.

giphy.gif