Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Wish we had the confidence of the mighty sheep.

Unlike that sparkling sheep side about to whip boring Burnley with sheep flair.

They win one (thrown) game against Celtic on the last day of the season and suddenly they're world-beaters...

If I remember rightly Premier Sports done a few of these games last year, although I cant be sure as I was in Luxembourg having a quite wonderful day of sunshine and culture until the football started and ruined it all.

Dont think RTV had the licence for that game last year.

I'm hoping Rangers travel club will manage to do a day trip for this tie, although the price they will be quoting for it (if true to form moaning about availability of planes etc) would get you a fortnight in Magaluf!

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Burnley fans are moaning about getting Aberdeen, probably for similar reasons.  

When your European football experience is limitied, the last thing you want is a trip to a club on the same island.  Takes the whole 'jolly' aspect out of it.  Aberdeen and Burnley are both grim places...hardly the same as a trip to the Balkans or the Med.

David Edgar said yesterday that a Burnley fan had posted on their website: We have waited 50 years to get into Europe and we get an F'n trip to Aberdeen.?

51 minutes ago, pete said:

David Edgar said yesterday that a Burnley fan had posted on their website: We have waited 50 years to get into Europe and we get an F'n trip to Aberdeen.?

That guy took some pelters from Aberdeen fans :D  Even got threatened by a...... bowling club twitter account :roflmao:

On 20/06/2018 at 08:40, craig said:

I feel like JFK-1.... lol.

The number of Aberdeen fans on Twitter saying "this is winnable" is laughable.  They are clearly delusional

Well to balance their delusion out just a shade their forums seem to be confident that we will easily progress through QR1 then their concern after that is in their view at least we have an "easy" home tie in the second leg of QR2 before meeting them on the Sunday for the opening league fixture while they have a much tougher nut in Burnley.

Just a few weeks ago the line among all delusional haters of every flavour was still the now standard 'they're skint' and if Gerrard had any transfer budget at all it would be minimal. That old line becomes difficult to maintain even for the delusional when £5 million goes on the central defence alone.

Then with more additions of a price and quality way beyond their means coming in it's now gravitating back to other fantasies about King and takeover panels and tax bills etc.Plus of course Gerrard knows absolutely nothing about managing a football team and will be a total failure.

Come the January window we will be skint again and receivership forthcoming any day. I could write their scripts for them months ahead.