Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

Think we have a bit more to laugh about than the sheep do. Osijek total transfer outlay £900,000. Total market value £17.51 million.

Burnley on the other hand have a £16 million rated striker as just one example and a total market value of £145.35 million.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Think we have a bit more to laugh about than the sheep do. Osijek total transfer outlay £900,000. Total market value £17.51 million.

Aberdeen are expected to lose.  We are expected to win.

Therefore we have nothing to laugh about.  We simply have a job to do and if, like last year, we muck it up then we'll be a laughing stock again.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Burnley on the other hand have a £16 million rated striker as just one example and a total market value of £145.35 million.

Firstly, the sheep are in the second round and we still have to play the first.

Secondly, I'd guess that the disparity in those numbers has little to do with reality on the field.

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

The only correlation between “Exotic” and “Aberdeen” is “Dancer”.....?

They call them the Heavenly Dancers, do they not,

or am I getting mixed up?

1 hour ago, craig said:

One of my auditors is a big Burnley fan.

Our conversation goes like this :

Me : Burnley got Aberdeen in the Europa League

Him : Nightmare

Me :  They are shit, you will pump them (thinking, how can he know so little about Scottish football as to think Aberdeen would be a nightmare draw for them....)

Him : Was hoping for a more exotic location

Me : You will get one in the next round after you pump them (lightbulb moment for me.... he wasn't saying nightmare because of the quality of opposition but because of the crappy location)

Him : Yeah, true, definitely winnable.

:D

Fuck me, almost anywhere is more exotic than Burnley.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aberdeen are expected to lose.  We are expected to win.

Therefore we have nothing to laugh about.  We simply have a job to do and if, like last year, we muck it up then we'll be a laughing stock again.

How are we expected to win ?  Croatian teams are no mugs and this one beat PSV home and away last season.  Are we expected to win because of our history ?  Because based on recent European performances I wouldn't say we are expected to win at all.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

Firstly, the sheep are in the second round and we still have to play the first.

Secondly, I'd guess that the disparity in those numbers has little to do with reality on the field.

I'd beg to differ on the latter, though the EPL "mark-up" clearly does have a part to play.  Burnley finished 7th in the league and for a long time looked like challenging Arsenal for 6th.  They are a very, very decent side and in Sean Dyche have an excellent manager.

Just now, craig said:

I'd beg to differ on the latter, though the EPL "mark-up" clearly does have a part to play.  Burnley finished 7th in the league and for a long time looked like challenging Arsenal for 6th.  They are a very, very decent side and in Sean Dyche have an excellent manager.

Agree to disagree

Burnley are a decent side, almost certainly better than the Croats but not by the proportion of the numbers, IMO.

Just now, buster. said:

Agree to disagree

Burnley are a decent side, almost certainly better than the Croats but not by the proportion of the numbers, IMO.

In which case you can apply the exact same logic to ANY EPL team and a team from a lesser nation.  Makes the comparison pointless when it covers everyone.