Official: Rangers sign Nikola Katic on 4 year deal

1 hour ago, Gazza_8 said:

Delighted with this signing. Goldson too.

I was exited last season with two top Portuguese defenders so I have delighted on hold until i see them play in a Rangers top.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Red herring, somebody has made a balls up.:D

Seriously I doubt if 32 red would be happy with the size of their name if it was the real shirt.

2 hours ago, craig said:

Weak spot, yes

Strengthened... still to be seen

Have I become SBS all of a sudden ???

Yes, you have. But all joking aside we wont know exactly what we have till he has played but have to trust the judgement of Mark Allen and presumably Gerrard.

According to transfermarkt the fee was £2.43 million but i'm just as interested in his appearance statistics for 2017/18.

Squad: 34, Starting eleven: 34, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0

Someone we can perhaps rely on to always be available and not injured. Was also captain for 4 of those appearances. Encouraging sign for a 21 year old.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nikola-katic/profil/spieler/422051

I worry that Gerrard, like those before him, are perhaps underestimating the Scottish league.

I find it hard to get too excited about new signings after so many recent flops.

Edited by Gonzo79

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes, you have. But all joking aside we wont know exactly what we have till he has played but have to trust the judgement of Mark Allen and presumably Gerrard.

According to transfermarkt the fee was £2.43 million but i'm just as interested in his appearance statistics for 2017/18.

Squad: 34, Starting eleven: 34, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0

Someone we can perhaps rely on to always be available and not injured. Was also captain for 4 of those appearances. Encouraging sign for a 21 year old.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nikola-katic/profil/spieler/422051

Maybe it is reverse phsychology.  Convincing myself that if I pour "realism" on these signings that they will perform far in advance of my expectations.... the last couple of years I have been the polar opposite of that... Lets hope our fortunes this season are also the polar opposite of the last couple of seasons :ninja:

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I worry that Gerrard, like those before him, are perhaps underestimating the Scottish league.

I find it hard to get too excited about new signings after so many recent flops.

Everybody under estimates Scottish football so I have the same worry! however his number 2/assistant knows the Scottish game very well, plus the fact that SG knows he is in the spotlight worldwide and is hungry so hopefully he knows what players he needs??????

Edited by ian1964

Just now, ian1964 said:

Everybody under estimates Scottish football so I have the same worry! however his number 2/assistant knows the Scottish game very well, plus the fact that SG knows he is in the spotlight worldwide and is hungry will ensure he knows what players he needs??????

Surely Mark Allen knows what's required?

18 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Everybody under estimates Scottish football so I have the same worry! however his number 2/assistant knows the Scottish game very well, plus the fact that SG knows he is in the spotlight worldwide and is hungry so hopefully he knows what players he needs??????

Can I just ask, and this is probably a stupid question, but where are we getting this "McAllister knows the Scottish game very well" from ?  He played 70 games for Motherwell and his last game in Scotland (aside from internationals) was in 1985 - 33 years ago !!!

How does that translate into him knowing the Scottish game well ?