You should have heard Cosgrove on the radio earlier. Just resentment and hatred towards anything English oozing from him. I hope they win it as I would for any of the home nations. Be brutal having to listen to them though but that’s life?

They play quite good football, though, do they not? By that I mean proficient at control of the ball and passing it to a chap in the same side with a philosophy of trying to attack the opposition goal rather than spoiling and waiting for something to turn up.

I don’t know about their tactical flexibility, pitch geography awareness, nor the strength of their sports psychology but no team with Modric and Rakitic in it is poor.

Croatia, Belgium and France all have better players than England.  It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

I'm not that bothered but would prefer France or Belgium to win it.  The English press and the Ustase are the main reasons for that...and I love the way De Bruyne plays football.

I doubt there has ever been an easier half of a WC draw to get through to a Final than what England have had in front of them in 2018.

Tunisia, Panama, Columbia, Sweden and Croatia 

Straightforward but it's been like getting teeth pulled and for the good of the game, I hope a team who have showed more football like France or Belguim win it.

53 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

They play quite good football, though, do they not? By that I mean proficient at control of the ball and passing it to a chap in the same side with a philosophy of trying to attack the opposition goal rather than spoiling and waiting for something to turn up.

I don’t know about their tactical flexibility, pitch geography awareness, nor the strength of their sports psychology but no team with Modric and Rakitic in it is poor.

Initially, yes, they looked very good.

But the last few games have been poor: 2 penalty shoot-outs!