New Kit Confirmed

54 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

The good thing about the new strips is that there's at least one that each of us loves.  I think the white one is the best away strip I can remember us having.

As for black being unsuitable in good weather, did you know that the colour of a material has NO effect on its ability to retain heat.  It's only the material that does that.  It's a common myth that white keeps you cool and black retains the heat.  Every day is a school day here on Gersnet!

I have a white car and a maroon car and I can assure you the temperature is far higher when I step into the maroon car. Why do you think old fridges were always white before modern insulation methods, It was because white reflects light and therefore it doesn't get so warm. I have no idea with clothing if that is true so I will take your word that the type of material would be a bigger influence. 

On 04/07/2018 at 18:05, Gonzo79 said:

Having now had a proper look at the strips.  I really like the home one - classy.  The away strip is decent enough, although a re-hash of an old top.  The orange strip is quite rubbish - just looks like they've put no effort in at all.  

My wee lad fancies himself as a goalie, so hopefully I can get one if the keeper strips in the right size for him (I'm too old to wear football tops).

Agreed. The orange one looks like my kids PJ's

3 hours ago, pete said:

I have a white car and a maroon car and I can assure you the temperature is far higher when I step into the maroon car. Why do you think old fridges were always white before modern insulation methods, It was because white reflects light and therefore it doesn't get so warm. I have no idea with clothing if that is true so I will take your word that the type of material would be a bigger influence. 

Cars, fridges and clothes are all the same Pete.  It's the material, not the colour.  Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure you'll confirm that on the internet somewhere. ?? 

28 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Cars, fridges and clothes are all the same Pete.  It's the material, not the colour.  Don't take my word for it though, I'm sure you'll confirm that on the internet somewhere. ?? 

I did check the internet and most say a white car heats up slower although will eventually reach the same temperature. That means if you go for a quick message the white car will not have heated up as much as a black car. The one thing they all agree on is that no matter what colour the leather on your seat is your burning your arse.:D I will say though I always thought that was a fact so you have opened my eyes to that.

14 hours ago, Bill said:

Money will always talk and we’re in no position to turn money away but I’d like to see us refuse sonsprships that advertise addiction products - alcohol, tobacco or gambling 

That's basically saying you'd refuse some money.  I doubt it would be a significant sum to go a little further and adopt the principle of keeping the shirt clean.

7 hours ago, Scott7 said:

My recent cars have been white, black, black and silver. I would have agreed with Pete until Gaffer put us right. 

I still say my white car is far cooler and that is through my own experience. Whether that is a mind fuck I don't really care as long as I feel cooler.