23 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Bury were surprisingly poor, but there were very encouraging signs from our team and our new signings. Goldson in particular looks a cut above. 

Pre season friendlies are not about results, although you don't want to lose! it's all about application/work and on that basis it was a good performance from the whole squad, I thought every player worked very hard and bodes well for the season ahead.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I heard Windass was crap.  Even SG can't spur this chancer on - get rid.  

Yup! My niece and I commented when he was subbed that we had forgotten he was playing. Anonymous and done very little except jog.

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Glad he focused on the importance of a clean sheet. Leaking goals was a large part of what killed our season last time out. If we can continue being the highest scoring team in the league while consistently keeping them out we're on our way.

And despite the fact Bury are lower tier in England keep in mind that the bulk of the opposition in the SPL are signing players from these lower tiers. And we just blew them out of the water with a goal rampage and a clean sheet.

Example, the latest 'big' sheep signing Chris Forrester. Signed from third tier Peterborugh where he couldn't get a game.

I'm encouraged that this may be the year we at last generate some fitting consistency and make the points dropped so often to lesser lights at Ibrox a thing of the past.