Just now, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t think Jack will get a game at DM now McRorie has established himself in that role.

Yes, even a fit Rossiter is ahead of Jack too. 

I think Jack will do well further forward. 

7 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, even a fit Rossiter is ahead of Jack too. 

I think Jack will do well further forward. 

Jack can certainly tackle, but he's a very intelligent ball player too so I'd be very happy if he played a little further forward.  If he and McCrorie are both in the team, it gives us options, allowing one to go forward while the other one sits in.  We couldn't do that last season because we only ever had one player on the pitch who had the discipline and mentality to sit in.  It was Jack until he got injured and then McCrorie but I don't think they played at the same time in any game did they?

Edited by Gaffer

Jack got sent off 4 times last season & a new Rangers manager may well decide he’s too big a risk even if 2 got rescinded.

I also can’t see him playing in a forward MF role either. We’ve got players better suited for that role such as Arfield as we saw last night even if it was only a friendly 

Edited by RANGERRAB

While a lot of attention will be given to the fact that Bury on paper will and should be viewed as inferior to us wasn't that also the case against many of the SPL 'inferiors' we dropped a heap of points to last season? Dundee etc?

If SG has taught them how to consistently impose themselves against lesser teams and get the result in a comfortable manner then that's half the battle already won. 

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Jack got sent off 4 times last season & a new Rangers manager may well decide he’s too big a risk even if 2 got rescinded.

I also can’t see him playing in a forward MF role either. We’ve got players better suited for that role such as Arfield as we saw last night even if it was only a friendly 

Yes indeed. Having the cards rescinded does us no good at all in that game. It was a large part of how hubz managed to rob us in the first game at Ibrox.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

While a lot of attention will be given to the fact that Bury on paper will and should be viewed as inferior to us wasn't that also the case against many of the SPL 'inferiors' we dropped a heap of points to last season? Dundee etc?

If SG has taught them how to consistently impose themselves against lesser teams and get the result in a comfortable manner then that's half the battle already won. 

This Bury side we’re much worse than any Premiership side tbh. They looked more like Scottish League 1 bar 1 or 2 players. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes indeed. Having the cards rescinded does us no good at all in that game. It was a large part of how hubz managed to rob us in the first game at Ibrox.

Jack should be experienced enough(with his reputation) to know to walk away when trouble starts.

I’ve no doubt SG will have looked at his disciplinary record last season & will decide accordingly 

7 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Jack should be experienced enough(with his reputation) to know to walk away when trouble starts.

I’ve no doubt SG will have looked at his disciplinary record last season & will decide accordingly 

It can sometimes be a fine line between imposing yourself on the pitch and going over the top. Morelos is a hothead too but he somehow manages to stay on the pitch though accumulates yellows.