[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

8 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Ahh OK your post makes sense now we're not discussing the same thing. I'm not arguing that the only time they lost was because they came up against decent opposition. I also disagree with DMMA on that too. I'm not making comparisons between Belgium and Columbia either. I'm simply arguing that England lost a competitive game in the World Cup finals regardless of who they lost to. I'm arguing that the commentator was wrong in saying that England being behind against Croatia was the first time in the tournament that they were behind. It clearly wasn't.

lol.  Definitely crossed wires then.  I'm a "black and white" kind of guy - so if the commentators say that kind of thing it drives me nuts.  My "you aren't using the Belgium game" was not aimed at your comment on them being behind :thup: - doesn't matter who they were behind to before Croatia - the fact it happened can't be airbrushed - so, yeah, I agree with you - we got there in the end :D

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Let's hope we can see the reaction on gameday.

This game can't come quick enough for me.... This is going to be a long day for me.... my boss has already left for Board meetings in South Africa.... I am whiling away the next 4 hours so I can dash home to get the game on either my overseas RTV subscription or to get BT Sport on my IPTV so I can listen and fawn over my best friend, Kevin Thomson (that one was for you Rousseau :thup: )

54 minutes ago, craig said:

Then we will agree to disagree - the argument that "they lost the only times they came up against decent opposition" is pointless because if it isn't your starting XI then it is futile using it in comparison

The point clearly applies whether you count the Belgium game or not, it’s not that important whether it was once or twice. And Belgium was still another drab performance in the system Southgate adopted so does add to the point of the sides performance in the tournament. Anyway we are off the topic of this thread. 

10 minutes ago, RTB2004 said:

It's a bloody good thing that there will be none of them there tonight then ?

Apparently they knifed a couple of opposition fans at the weekend.

Only now noted that the replay will be next TUESDAY and starts at 16.55 British time.

These chaps are utterly unknowns and one hopes that SG and Co. have clued themselves up on them. You'd hope we score a few and more, but one never knows with these quasi-pre-season-friendlies. We should sure hammer our Ibrox full crowd advantage home tonight.

This may actually be an ideal game to give us an inkling of how they're going to perform against the bulk of the SPL opposition who will come to Ibrox during the season. I suspect Shkupi will come out with an objective of trying not to lose or at worst trying not to lose by too many.

They will probably sit in tight and try to weather the storm while we know from experience that's exactly what the bulk of the SPL will do too and we also know we frequently had trouble trying to break that down last season.