[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

10 minutes ago, les186 said:

I watched the game. For periods they were better.

We clearly watched different games Les.  Other than their left winger who ended up playing left back, they didn’t impress me at all.

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The beauty of football, we all see it different! can't remember a save from our keeper, while their keeper had quite a few! anyway it is still early and I am sure we will improve, can they improve much?.

Regardless I think we will score a couple over there.

We got a good result without playing that well. Hopefully we are better organised defensively than last season.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

As long as Windass is a first pick Rangers will win nothing.  

I'd bet quite a lot on that.

Certain,y wasn’t his best game.  However, without his willingness to assist defensively we would have been 0-0 heading into injury time.  It was from him, covering at RB, that we scored our goal.

interesting that nobody gives him credit for tracking back but happy to pounce on him at the slightest of poor games.  Clearly our new Alan Hutton and Charlie Adam !

1 minute ago, les186 said:

We got a good result without playing that well. Hopefully we are better organised defensively than last season.

Absolutely, I think that is already a given! these players, new and the ones that have been here for a few seasons are having to adapt to a new manager with a new approach/tactics/expectations.

So did Sebo. I just don’t see what others do? Apart from that we need more striking options as he just doesn’t score enough. Not for me and we need better ASAP. I just hope that we don’t blow this lead. We need to improve as the games will come thick and fast if new stay in the comp.
He rather outscores sebo in a much much worse team.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Certain,y wasn’t his best game.  However, without his willingness to assist defensively we would have been 0-0 heading into injury time.  It was from him, covering at RB, that we scored our goal.

interesting that nobody gives him credit for tracking back but happy to pounce on him at the slightest of poor games.  Clearly our new Alan Hutton and Charlie Adam !

I don't think that you can read the thread properly ?

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Certainly wasn’t his best game.  

Does he have any?

He does my nut in.  Jumped out of a challenge after about 3 mins tonight.  He's never a Rangers player.  

If he keeps starting, we'll win naff all.  Simple as that.

Only negative I took is team and manager need to very quickly realise seeing out 1-0 wins against smaller teams is completely unwanted and akin to cowardice at Ibrox. It is not and will never be tolerated. 

Hopefully they understand that quickly, Windass has never been able to understand what we want but looked like Gerrard did when he brought on Middleton.

The roar that went up after his first run wasn't missed. Seen Gerrard spin round and say something to the dugout " that's it that's what weve to do sort of thing"

That wee boy is a joy to watch, zero fear and 100% determination.

2 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Only negative I took is team and manager need to very quickly realise seeing out 1-0 wins against smaller teams is completely unwanted and akin to cowardice at Ibrox. It is not and will never be tolerated. 

Hopefully they understand that quickly, Windass has never been able to understand what we want but looked like Gerrard did when he brought on Middleton.

The roar that went up after his first run wasn't missed. Seen Gerrard spin round and say something to the dugout " that's it that's what weve to do sort of thing"

That wee boy is a joy to watch, zero fear and 100% determination.

Not sure you can level that first complaint at the manager, or even the players to be fair.  Of the 3 subs, Jack was the most defensive and on,y because it was needed as Arfield was injured.  The other 2 saw a winger and a creative attacking mid come on.  Those type of subs aren’t ones you would make “seeing out a 1-0 win”.

I said it after the Bury game.... we’ve won a watch with Middleton !!

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Does he have any?

He does my nut in.  Jumped out of a challenge after about 3 mins tonight.  He's never a Rangers player.  

If he keeps starting, we'll win naff all.  Simple as that.

Yes, he does have good games.  Not every player in every team needs to go into every tackle.