Referee for St. Mirren Game is Ex-St. Mirren Player

11 minutes ago, StuGers said:

I’m hearing that Don Robertson has been appointed the ref for our game against St. Mirren. Funny fact is that he is actually an ex-St. Mirren player. Funny that eh?

Jeeees! What next? Referee for the game at the piggery is Peter Grant?

When I was refereeing my own youth team I actually had a reputation for giving the other team the benefit of doubt. So being an ex-player doesn't mean he will be against us.

I'm hoping that the presence of Gerrard gives them some food for thought. Everything he says is going to be reported and scrutinised a lot further afield than Scotland and presumably specific incidents will be scrutinised.

We have ideal circumstances to make any questionable decision making a lot more uncomfortable for certain parties. Might be the case that Stevie was aiming for his recent comments to go far outside the Scottish bubble to be examined by people with no possible cause for bias.

12 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I doubt it will be screened live, but we should let people know that "we'll be watching" still ...

I think Mr.Robertson will now be acutely aware of what will be significantly increased scrutiny of his performance on Sunday afternoon.

All we ask is that the rules of the game are employed fairly for both teams.

ps. according to soccerway he was 4th official up in Sheepland 3 days ago.