[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 St Mirren (Morelos, Goldson - McCrorie Sent Off)

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Again I'm only 50 minutes in to the game, but couldn't but notice Kyle Magennis (no7) looks to have a lot of quality. He played a sublime through ball at one point which I think was possibly the best chance they had. 19 years old and was linked to Sunderland, could be one for Rangers to watch.

... maybe we watch him for another 10 games and see - on average - what he looks like. Same with our players. If we disect each game on its own  and have minute accounts on each player, we soon may tear our hairs out or have to be recalled from orbit. At the end of the day, it is results and performances over a number of games that count. Else we'd chop and change the starting eleven quicker than a Gatling gun revolves. I would assume SG and Co. know exactly what they do and if people don't click on the day, they will be subbed. I see, e.g. numerous people going bananas about Halliday being used or actually still being at the club, or indeed Hodson. Yet, if that chap called Steven Gerrard deems them good enough to be at Rangers still, or even play them, who are we to give them - at times - dogs abuse?

Of course, the above shall stop no-one from voicing their opinion.

12 hours ago, pete said:

I think we had to. We wanted to buy him originally but put it on hold to keep money for other players. Buying was part of the agreement.

It was an option to buy, not an obligation.  Therefore we didn’t have to buy him.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Just checked it again ... the St.Mirren - man plays the ball too far forward, McCrorie floors him and foul and yellow should be given. Yet ... Goldson was covering and it was far from as clear cut an opportunity as Windass' was last week. Here a straight red is brandished, last week only a penalty and no card whatsoever.

IMHO, we should appeal and I think we have good chance that it will be reduced to a yellow.

No chance that gets reduced to a yellow.  Goldson wasn’t covering IMO.  He wasn’t getting there.  Clear foul.  Goal scoring opportunity as he was 1-on-1 with the keeper.

If comparing against last week then you would say McCrorie should be treated the same as Dom Ball... the only drawback is that Dom Ball should have been sent off too.

Inconsistency of officiating is frustrating - but McCrorie deserved to go IMO.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

What is it about Rangers supporters that always needs a whipping boy in the team? You never get 11 players at the top of their game at the same time all the time. Why not focus on those who are and cut some slack for those who aren't? 

We really need to shake off this negativity.

Or simply focus on the collective effort.  Playing with 10 men for over an hour and it was still as comfortable an afternoon’s work as we have seen for a long time !

58 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I can't tell if these comments are directed at my comment. I just gave my thoughts on how players got on, how the new player looks etc.

No, just airing my own thoughts - sorry.

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... maybe we watch him for another 10 games and see - on average - what he looks like.

That's all I said, maybe one for for us to watch

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Same with our players. If we disect each game on its own  and have minute accounts on each player, we soon may tear our hairs out or have to be recalled from orbit. At the end of the day, it is results and performances over a number of games that count. Else we'd chop and change the starting eleven quicker than a Gatling gun revolves. I would assume SG and Co. know exactly what they do and if people don't click on the day, they will be subbed. I see, e.g. numerous people going bananas about Halliday being used or actually still being at the club, or indeed Hodson. Yet, if that chap called Steven Gerrard deems them good enough to be at Rangers still, or even play them, who are we to give them - at times - dogs abuse?

I find it bizarre that you have a problem with a fan discussing how a few players did on the match thread on a fans forum. I wasn't overly critical of anyone and didn't say Gerrard should have done anything differently. Just a few observations on the game as I saw it.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

Or simply focus on the collective effort.  Playing with 10 men for over an hour and it was still as comfortable an afternoon’s work as we have seen for a long time !

Some will, others won't.

For anyone trying to bring 'the perceived sanity of their opinion' to fitbaw messageboards is what this was made for....

.......:brick:

43 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

The Man, the Legend, who, a few years ago was voted by supporters, 'The Greatest Ever Ranger', received his share of abuse from terracing and enclosure, in his playing days, as far as I recall. 

Got it non-stop but only after becoming manager.

9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Got it non-stop but only after becoming manager.

I remember him getting dogs abuse at East End Park. He’d come back too early from injury and was struggling a bit. He was still launching tackles from about 15 yards out though. ?

42 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... maybe we watch him for another 10 games and see - on average - what he looks like. Same with our players. If we disect each game on its own  and have minute accounts on each player, we soon may tear our hairs out or have to be recalled from orbit. At the end of the day, it is results and performances over a number of games that count. Else we'd chop and change the starting eleven quicker than a Gatling gun revolves. I would assume SG and Co. know exactly what they do and if people don't click on the day, they will be subbed. I see, e.g. numerous people going bananas about Halliday being used or actually still being at the club, or indeed Hodson. Yet, if that chap called Steven Gerrard deems them good enough to be at Rangers still, or even play them, who are we to give them - at times - dogs abuse?

All he commented on was a player performed well, which is what a forum is for. Calm yer boots.