Would we be delighted with a draw next Sunday?

Of course a draw would be a good result.

If you take the context of our busy schedule, our trip to Russia and the tough start to the domestic campaign (just the one home game so far) then if we're still unbeaten on Sunday afternoon, then we should all be delighted.

Toe to toe, I think we're capable of beating Celtic this season but it might be a big ask at this very moment.

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Huge week.  My nerves are struggling already.

Huge week. I hope the players came through yesterday without fresh knock's, niggles, injuries, etc.

Halliday was the only one that seemed to limp off.

Can't see Coulibaly being 100% for the plastic pitch in Ufa and we could do with Halliday being available.

If LC isn't 100%, I'd leave him in Scotland to do his utmost to be ready for the Celtic game.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Of course a draw would be a good result.

If you take the context of our busy schedule, our trip to Russia and the tough start to the domestic campaign (just the one home game so far) then if we're still unbeaten on Sunday afternoon, then we should all be delighted.

Toe to toe, I think we're capable of beating Celtic this season but it might be a big ask at this very moment.

Tend to think the timing of the game is what will mean we are not at our best and that Celtic players will focus and put a performance in for the first time this season. 

Even if the result was to go against us on Sunday,...... SG&Co have to continue in the same vein and we'll have them on toast soon enough.

When I originally posed the question, I wouldn’t have been delighted with anything less than a win, but as I said I could accept a draw and stay undefeated. 

After tonight’s effort, I would be absolutely delighted with a draw. Also listening to DE on the Heart and Hand podcast, he made a good comment about going easy on the team if we lose on Sunday. I think we could forgive that after tonight, absolutely. We still play them 3 more times and we’ll have our chances this season. 

‘Anyway, I’m still ?predicting a win! 

Edited by weebluedevil

5 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Yes for me. I’m glad this game is at their place rather than ours as losing 3 points at home would be more difficult. 

I will need to see if the word losing is in the National Gerrard Dictionary.:D