Would we be delighted with a draw next Sunday?

While I would be over the moon with a win, I would take a draw on the heels of the trip to Ufa. A draw maintains our momentum and will make them continue to question their defence and what Brenda's plan is. Given where we are and the run of fixtures if someone had offered me qualification for the EL group stages and a draw at the Piggery I would have bitten their hand off a month ago. I'll stick with that.

However a win would pop their balloon big time and full on panic would be there for all to see.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

While I would be over the moon with a win, I would take a draw on the heels of the trip to Ufa. A draw maintains our momentum and will make them continue to question their defence and what Brenda's plan is. Given where we are and the run of fixtures if someone had offered me qualification for the EL group stages and a draw at the Piggery I would have bitten their hand off a month ago. I'll stick with that.

However a win would pop their balloon big time and full on panic would be there for all to see.

Agreed, a win on Thursday is far more important to me, now if we could follow that up with a win at the chamber of secrets that would be massive!, so a win/qualification and a draw on Sunday would be very satisfying for me.

I have two main desires regarding our next three fixtures.

1. Qualifying for the EL group stage.

2. Being above that lot in the league on 3rd September.

It would be possible to lose two and draw one and still meet that criteria.  Unlikely as it is.

The name of the game is - don't get beat. If we can win that's a bonus and big psychological blow to them no matter how underplayed it would be.

Make no mistake, going to the Chamber of Secrets with only 500 fans will be a difficult proposition, especially coming off the back of the trip to and from Bashkortostan.

A draw would be a decent result it seems.

But we may regret it in our fight with hearts for the title.

I remember jose with chelsea being delighted to get a draw from moyes man utd early in the season.

He regretted that as team after team went to old trafford and tonked them.

• Frankie changed the title to Would we be delighted with a draw next Sunday?

After today's result we must win on Sunday to make up lost ground. Thats 4 points we have lost in the league. Losing between 30-36 points per season is the border line between winning and losing titles on average about 10-12 bad results are acceptable.