That lap of honour after the game

There is probably a double standard in play.  If I remember correctly the press were quite critical of our players for doing a huddle after winning the league there.  I doubt anyone in the press will criticise the celtic players for this although it probably warrants some criticism.

At the same time I don't think that anybody deserves a pat on the back for remaining in the stand.

Does the opposition bus usually parks that far off the entrance and do we have that many bampots crying abuse at the opposition too?

You would hope the Police would film these guys shouting abuse and take them to the cleaners. Since when became a football player someone outside the law, someone that can be yelled at and been called a bastard? Turn that around and have even one of the players react ... and mayhem would break out and everyone would point at the player, not this Scum cowards shouting in here.

2 hours ago, barca72 said:

Does this offend you? ...

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Not in the slightest. It's stupid, pathetic and definitely intended to offend but I have better things to do with my life than give those morons credence by being offended by them. The best I can muster is to be bored by them.

So we understand that the inane and banal behaviour of the CFC players and fans leaves you unmoved.
How do you feel about this celebration and the resulting punishment, any emotive reaction? ...

Just now, barca72 said:

So we understand that the inane and banal behaviour of the CFC players and fans leaves you unmoved.
How do you feel about this celebration and the resulting punishment, any emotive reaction? ...

I didn't say I was unmoved. I said I wasn't offended.

What do I think of the Halliday incident? I think it was ridiculous. Anything else I can help you with, just ask.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

What is it you all want? Do you want the police to stop celebrations in case "we" can't control ourselves? Because it "offends" us? You think celebration should be banned because it's provocative? Are you really so thin skinned?

I wasn't at Parkhead and in my opinion it would have been better if every other Rangers supporter had stayed away too but if you have to go then don't witter on about seeing something you didn't like. If like me you watched it on TV then the off button solves all problems.

Offended? Get a grip. There are things in the real world worthy of being offended by but Celtic players running round their own pathetic midden isn't one of them. 

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

I didn't say I was unmoved. I said I wasn't offended.

What do I think of the Halliday incident? I think it was ridiculous. Anything else I can help you with, just ask.

Let's see if we have this straight now.
Of the CFC players' celebration on the park after beating Rangers you put the question - "You think celebration should be banned because it's provocative? Are you really so thin skinned?"
and later ..."Get a grip."
And yet with the referee at the Andy Halliday celebration treating his his fist-pump as potentially riot-producing, you call this 'ridiculous'.
Just how do you balance both of these reactions? Should the support be ambivalent and 'get a grip' when the referee takes no action to a team's provocative celebration, or should we invite derision on the referee's call to a supposed 'provocative, possible riot-producing fist-pump'?
Or should we just have our own opinions without your judgement on our reactions?

5 minutes ago, barca72 said:

And yet with the referee at the Andy Halliday celebration treating his his fist-pump as potentially riot-producing, you call this 'ridiculous'.
Just how do you balance both of these reactions? Should the support be ambivalent and 'get a grip' when the referee takes no action to a team's provocative celebration, or should we invite derision on the referee's call to a supposed 'provocative, possible riot-producing fist-pump'?
Or should we just have our own opinions without your judgement on our reactions?

OK, if you really want to be all pedantic and huffed up about this, I'll try to spell it out for you.

1. I'm not offended by the Celtic celebrations. They were unwise and ill-judged but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. If anyone was so offended they felt the need to riot then they're bloody fools.

2. The Halliday situation was ridiculous because it simply didn't warrant a card. Poor refereeing isn't at odds with not being offended by something completely different, not matter how much you wish it was.

3. You can have and express any opinion you want. I couldn't care less and certainly won't be offended. 

4. I made no judgement specifically on your reaction but if you feel the cap fits ...

Anything else, please feel free to ask.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

OK, if you really want to be all pedantic and huffed up about this, I'll try to spell it out for you.

1. I'm not offended by the Celtic celebrations. They were unwise and ill-judged but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. If anyone was so offended they felt the need to riot then they're bloody fools.

Judgement

2. The Halliday situation was ridiculous because it simply didn't warrant a card. Poor refereeing isn't at odds with not being offended by something completely different, not matter how much you wish it was.

The parallel was that both actions can be conceived as provocative, and possible riot-inducing (both, however, are poor referee decisions)

3. You can have and express any opinion you want. I couldn't care less and certainly won't be offended. 

Mendacity, perhaps.

4. I made no judgement specifically on your reaction but if you feel the cap fits ...

I never gave you a reaction I simply asked questions, deflecting on your part.

Anything else, please feel free to ask.