That lap of honour after the game

Halliday's sending off was a ridiciulous decision.

In my view, if a home team want to celebrate a win with their fans, they are entitled to do so.  Imagine if we beat them at Ibrox in a few months and the referee ushers our players off the park after the final whistle?  I would think he has over-stepped the mark. 

Just because one referee makes a James Hunt of it it doesn't mean they all have to become overly officious.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Halliday's sending off was a ridiciulous decision.

In my view, if a home team want to celebrate a win with their fans, they are entitled to do so.  Imagine if we beat them at Ibrox in a few months and the referee ushers our players off the park after the final whistle?  I would think he has over-stepped the mark. 

Just because one referee makes a James Hunt of it it doesn't mean they all have to become overly officious.

I think the point here is the difference between celebrating to/with your own fans and an attempt at deliberately provoking the opposition fans.
Have you forgotten the 'shame game' of 1999 and the fans behaviour towards referee Dallas?
There may only have been 800 of ours at the game but it only takes one coin to hurt.

23 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

If our fans are so easily provoked, they shouldn't be going to these games.  If someone throws a coin, they should be arrested and charged.  For me it's that simple.  Their players can tie scarves to posts, celebrate in front of our fans, and fist pump all they want.  They won and deserved the right to do that.  I hope Gerrard shows our players their reaction though because there are two things it proves:  this game meant so much to them; and this is what happens when you let them win (so use it as motivation and don't let it happen again).

If we win, I'd be equally fine with us fans doing it back to them, although I'd like to think our players would show a little more class than they do.

We are upset at losing, but we can't be upset at things like this.  It's sport.  It's emotional.  It's not serious.

It's about getting a level playing field.
"If someone throws a coin, they should be arrested and charged.  For me it's that simple." What about the youngster who got bottled in the back of a van? Or the youngster who had a flashbang go off at his ear? etc. Who got arrested for those?
In what other professional sport would you equate the CFC players conduct as non-provocative to opposing fans? Have you ever seen it done before?
I don't think so because you even call for our players to show more class. Their fans can hoot, sing, holler all they want; their team gave them the bragging rights. Provocation from the players, which can be controlled by the referee, no thank you.
When you say it's not serious, I wonder if you truly get the haters, since 2012.

Magnanimous? What is it that you want us to say exactly @barca72?

As far as the incidents you speak about where violence has been used on our fans none of us disagree with you. Halliday being sent off was ridiculous I'm confident that every one of us feels the same about that too. There are a multitude of incidents that have happened that are simply moronic. Their team doing a lap of honour after a narrow victory at home against us and their team captain and others goading the tiny (800) Rangers support in a crowd of 58,000 is completely moronic, lacks integrity, sportsmanship, dignity or any class and probably should be examined by the CO for bringing the game into disrepute.

But I'm not offended by it because they are fucking morons who know no better as far as I'm concerned.   

Edited by Big Jaws

2 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Magnanimous? What is it that you want us to say exactly @barca72?

As far as the incidents you speak about where violence has been used on our fans none of us disagree with you. Halliday being sent off was ridiculous I'm confident that every one of us feels the same about that too. There are a multitude of incidents that have happened that are simply moronic. Their team doing a lap of honour after a narrow victory at home against us and their team captain and others goading the tiny (800) Rangers support in a crowd of 58,000 is completely moronic, lacks integrity, sportsmanship, dignity or any class and probably should be examined by the CO for bringing the game into disrepute.

But I'm not offended by it because they are fucking morons who know no better as far as I'm concerned.   

I don't want you to say anything. We know that calling them names won't change anything. If I have a point it is that I want a level playing field.
That includes referees, admin. Compliance Officer etc.
Their behaviour can't just be laughed or sneered off. We need to have them educated and have them understand that their behaviour will not be tolerated(club, team, fans & GCC).
The laws of the game need to be administered without fear or favour.
Sporting Integrity, what a laugh.