Miller and Wallace appeals upheld

This is disappointing.  I can only assume that the club hasn't followed correct procedures.  I hope the facts of this come out though, because if they don't, the conclusion most people will come to is that these players did not do anything inappropriate.  Murty must be seething tonight.  But equally, Caixinha will feel somewhat vindicated because once again Miller appears to have further demonstrated why Pedro wanted him out by leaking yet another story (possibly).

• Frankie changed the title to Miller and Wallace appeals upheld

Daily Record (Keith Jackson) this morning...............

The 31-year-old (Wallace) has fought his way back into the first team plans of new boss Gerrard after returning to fitness, coming off the bench in a 3-3 draw at Motherwell and travelling to Russia as part of the squad which secured a Europa League place.

But, having led the club on its journey up through Scotland’s lower leagues, Wallace has been unexpectedly axed from those glamour European clashes with Villareal, Spartak Moscow, and Rapid Vienna after being left out of Gerrard’s list to make way for new signings and a bunch of back-up players from the youth ranks.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kenny-miller-lee-wallace-set-13199056

-----------

Jackson ignores/doesn't know the UEFA EL rules (below) on how European squad lists work.

IMO he helps slants the piece by ignoring any incovenient facts.

Our A List is restricted to 22 players because we must have 8 locally trained players and 4 of those must be 'club trained players' (we only have 1, McGregor so 3 slots in squad stay empty) leaving a maximum of 4 'Association trained players' and there are others in front of him in the pecking order for those 4 slots because they offer cover in more than one position.

The B List  "bunch of back-up players from the youth ranks" includes a rule....'A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1997'...Wallace was born in 1987.

Anyone with a twitter account could call Jackson out for it,...... a poor professional who doesn't bother researching the details behind what he writes in a newspaper.

UEFA rules Page 38 and the section starting at 42.01

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Edited by buster.

It's a non-story for me, a last hurrah. I felt at the time, and I still feel now, that the club handled it badly. Miller's contract was up in a matter of weeks, fining him that heavily was always a risky strategy and one with very little upside for the club. Wallace stuck by us when most others didn't, yes he was handsomely paid and he probably had personal reasons for staying, but stay he did. We should have handled this better.  

It's done now, whether Wallace's recent rehabilitation will continue or he'll be banished until his contract runs down I don't know. 

Strangely enough, while it probably shouldn't have happened in the way it did, at the time, I would assume that the players & manager should have been happy that it were fellow professionals laying into them, not the dismayed fan watching on. Seething as I was on that day ...

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

No doubt Wallace being removed from Euro squad is vindictive by Rangers,they will have to look long and hard at their,IMHO,knee jerk reaction.

He wasn't removed from the sqaud.

There are easily justifiable football reasons as to why Wallace didn't get into the 22 man squad (see the 4th post on this thread).