our new young signings next season

Alan Hutton, Stevie Smith, Alan McGregor and Charlie Adam have all ( in my opinion) come through this season with flying colours but all bar smith have had their fair bit of critisism too. Hutton from the outset was a target for the boo boys at Ibrox and was the main whipping boy from the stands while Adam and Mcgregor to an extent got a few on their backs when things werent going our way.

So now that we have signed Gow and broadfoot i have to wonder what lies in store for them. I have already read in a few posts that some dont reckon they are good enough for Rangers and fear they will suffer the same fate as Hutton. And thats before they have kicked a ball for the club.

so what chance do they have? Do you think they will get a fair crack at the whip? And just how long do they get before we reject them as duds like some did with Adam and Hutton?

I would just like to say that i hope everyone give thes boys a chance to prove themselves and not judge them on a couple of bad games that they might have. Its a big step up and its a big learning curve to make it at Ibrox so i hope that we can all get behind them and give them the support that will see them through. just give these boys a break.

I think you'll always get fans that can't take to certain players no matter what they do, Fergie & Boyd, but what makes a player is rising above all that is thrown at them and prove to themselves as well as the fans that they are good enough to play for Rangers, so it's not easy coming to play for Rangers but if they truly believe they are good enough then a few boos from the fans won't stop them progressing, i hate it when fans boo thier own players and it's not right but people are free to do what they want as they pay thier money, and over the last couple of seasons i think the Rangers fans have learned to be a bit more patient.

Guest gerbilly

There's a phrase that some of our brethren use that really pisses me off....."Rangers class"....I too have heard guys saying things like "they're 'no Rangers class"...FFS who is nowadays, gone are the several million pound signings and big buys so we do need to try and let guys settle in and mature beside the bigger guys in our squad.

Alan Hutton, Stevie Smith, Alan McGregor and Charlie Adam have all ( in my opinion) come through this season with flying colours but all bar smith have had their fair bit of critisism too. Hutton from the outset was a target for the boo boys at Ibrox and was the main whipping boy from the stands while Adam and Mcgregor to an extent got a few on their backs when things werent going our way.

So now that we have signed Gow and broadfoot i have to wonder what lies in store for them. I have already read in a few posts that some dont reckon they are good enough for Rangers and fear they will suffer the same fate as Hutton. And thats before they have kicked a ball for the club.

To be fair you have a point but they still dont excite me and I wanted higher profile signings, however they will be judged once they kick a ball and have had a fair chance and not just 10 minutes.

I wouldnt say McGregor and Adam have came through with flying colours. McGregor has done a really decent job but has still flapped over the season, but he seems to be improving at a slow rate.

Adam is hot and cold. When he is good as of late he can score goals and thats vital from midfield. but when he is poor he is absolute rank. I still think he is no more than a squad player.

Top marks to Smith and Hutton. At the start of the season it was Smith who had all the potential but Hutton has blown him away of late (due to Smiths injury) and IMO Hutton deserves a new contract.

Wee seen Gow earlier in the season at Ibrox and he looked pretty good which every one agreed with. Broadfoot looked good on Saturday there for St Mirren, not scared to go into a challenge and also he scored.

Lets look at footie manager now, Gow is shite in it but Broadfoot is quality.

There's a phrase that some of our brethren use that really pisses me off....."Rangers class"....I too have heard guys saying things like "they're 'no Rangers class"...FFS who is nowadays, gone are the several million pound signings and big buys so we do need to try and let guys settle in and mature beside the bigger guys in our squad.

i think 'rangers class' is a mixed blessing. its at the same time both a demand for nothing but the best that is essential to a big club, and a horrible sub culture of demanding multi-million pound foreign players.

if they do it on the park and play for the jersey they are rangers class.

Being written off as a dud and being labelled as "not rangers class" is part of the pressure of being a rangers player IMO.

I think the challenge of having to prove yourself within your first few games is alluring to new players - shows them first hand that mediocrity (sp*) is not acceptable.

Perfect example is the turnaround Hutton has performed this season- I was constantly seeing him out on the piss, would turn up on a saturday and be by far one of the worst players on the park - and RIGHTFULLY get stick for it.

If everyone wasn't on his back the whole time do we think he'd have bothered to pull the finger out?

Why should our new signings be any different? As long as they give 100% effort and show as if they care then they won't have a problem .

aye, well said rino. i think thats about it, although gersb is right that sometimes scottish players are quick to get dubbed 'not rangers class' because they are not multi-million quid internationals.

I think the funny thing is that Celtic fans have been slagging us off for being skint and going on about them being able to afford Venegoor and Greveson, when really the money mostly came from the sale of Petrov, just like we spent 8M off the back of Boumsong.

However, who would you rather have, Venegoor and Graveson or Boyd and Hemdani? The latter two were two of the last signings by Eck and cost less than a million for them both - and we all give Eck a hard time for his signings.

Boyd has totally out-scored Venegoor all season (in fact so has Adam) and Hemdani has been a rock in midfield compared to Graveson's headless chicken. Adam has also been a more valuable player than Gravesson and he was free...

So expensive, famous signings do not always outshine the less glamorous cheap ones...

Agree with all that Calscot... but when it comes to Eck's signings, he did make some gaffs, lol.

Capoucho (although that wasnt expected) Emerson, Ostenstad, Bernard, Maniero to name a few.

Although Boyd and Hemdani have probably turned out to be his best signings.