[FT] Livingston 1 - 0 Rangers

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d disagree. All teams seem to have players who can adapt to plastic pitches and players who don’t seem to be able to.

Yesterday,for example, I thought Lafferty struggled & eventually came off.

I also thought it was a mistake yesterday not having RyanKent on from the start. He’s got his confidence back & is starting to look the player he was at the beginning of last season. That can only be good news for us

Quite.

What do you disagree with?

10 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I really wish we would have just kept the same side from the St. Johnstone game tbh. Forget the opposition and go and play our game. Now I feel that we have lost a lot of momentum gained in the league with wins over Dundee & St. Johnstone. Oh well, onwards and upwards. The Hearts game is a must win IMO and then we have Accies away (plastic pitch :() and then Killie at home. If we don't get 9 from 9 I think we can kiss goodbye to the league. Celtic are misfiring at the moment but I can't see that continuing for too long.

Hearts in particular as far as I'm concerned must be beaten to narrow that gap and also take the wind out of their sails. If we don't beat them I don't see us winning the league.

Talking about gaps and performances ... my my. SG said that he needs time. This time last year we would have bitten someone's arms off if he'd given us what SG has handed us thus far.

It's been two 1-0 losses, and we simply failed to turn up at full throttle last Sunday. Livvy held Hearts away last week (Hearts, you know?!), and beat Hibs 2-1 three weeks ago. Anyone will lose points there.

Yep, one can debate and analyze it, but there comes a time when one should move on, don't we think?

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Looking ahead to next season.........

Whisper it, but why not try and sign Scott Allan on a Bosman in January ?

I always thought he was the answer, but I suspect bridges have been burnt.

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I always thought he was the answer, but I suspect bridges have been burnt.

I thought he might be an answer and all things considered, it'd still be a bit of a gamble for no fee but a reasonable contract.

- he has talent and he's a genuine No.10 on his day (what we lack)

- has only ever had one good solid season (Championship with Hibs)

- wasted at Celtic and a costly GIRFUY from their POV

- still only 26 years old

--------

You'd hope that we'd be going for better but we will be limited by our budget for a position that reall ability usually costs a lot of money.

On balance there is a heavy argument that says 'NAW' but it's one of those that might just work in Scottish fitbaw. 

There will be a host of sides chapping his agents door come December 1st (probably already are)

Edited by buster.

19 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Being 2 points behind the best team in Scotland for the last few seasons at this stage is something to give us hope considering our start to the season, new team and new manager, what did you expect before a ball was kicked this season?.

I certainly didn't expect to be 8 points behind Hearts before we were even in October. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I thought he might be an answer and all things considered, it'd still be a bit of a gamble for no fee but a reasonable contract.

- he has talent and he's a genuine No.10 on his day (what we lack)

- has only ever had one good solid season (Championship with Hibs)

- wasted at Celtic and a costly GIRFUY from their POV

- still only 26 years old

--------

You'd hope that we'd be going for better but we will be limited by our budget for a position that reall ability usually costs a lot of money.

On balance there is a heavy argument that says 'NAW' but it's one of those that might just work in Scottish fitbaw. 

There will be a host of sides chapping his agents door come December 1st (probably already are)

Signing Celtic cast-offs is definitely not the answer. 

13 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Signing Celtic cast-offs is definitely not the answer. 

Depends what and how realistic the question is.

I'd say it's unlikely for several reasons and his time and opportunity have probably passed. I previously mentioned it had proved to be an expensive GIRFUY for Celtic to engage in but you wonder if not letting us get him not only meant we didn't get a potential matchwinner at a good age but showed how they've not really given a shit about the lads career.

I still think there is a player in there if a manager knows how to use him and manage him.

Edited by buster.