[FT] Livingston 1 - 0 Rangers

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Hearts are 8 points ahead of us so at this point in time, we can't say we are better. Nor should we be doing ahead of the fixture next weekend. It's shaping up to be a very important match. moreso than the European match on Thursday.

Hearts are another team that can be difficult to break down and might to an extent, afford an opportunity for us to show how much we can improve tempo middle to front, by playing on a decent pitch.

Embarrasses me to say this but after today I am terrified of playing them. I would actually play a weakened team on Thursday and concentrate all this weeks efforts on Sunday. Yes that's how much today has deflated me

The pitch was an abomination today. You could clearly see the hundreds of those rubber black pellets flying into the air with every bounce. No doubt the players were apprehensive today; wouldn’t you be with increased risk of being off your work for the next six to nine months. Playing at 75-80% is why we lost today. 

However, we should still have had enough to beat that shower of garbage! Those pitches should be nowhere near the top division and theirs is just the worst and most dangerous.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I've never been a big Lafferty fan but I'd rather him being on the end of any chances we create than Morelos

He's more clinical when chances come but his all round game is... powderpuff.

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

The pitch was an abomination today. You could clearly see the hundreds of those rubber black pellets flying into the air with every bounce. No doubt the players were apprehensive today; wouldn’t you be with increased risk of being off your work for the next six to nine months. Playing at 75-80% is why we lost today. 

However, we should still have had enough to beat that shower of garbage! Those pitches should be nowhere near the top division and theirs is just the worst and most dangerous.

You could see that players were adjusting their footwork to avoid slipping. How many players slipped in the first 30 mins?

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If we have a bad result on Thursday, Ibrox will be flat on Sunday.  Two huge games coming up.  

If we can't beat Hearts at home, we may as well give up on winning the league.

Today worried me more than the Hearts game tbh (and that's not hindsight speaking). We will be well fired up for the Hearts game. And it will be on grass