[FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 43, 90+4; Tavernier 84 pen) - 1 Rapid Vienna

Think villareal can damage Rapid and Spartak. 8 points might be enough in this group 9 for sure. More cash in the bank, coefficient improving, reputation on the rise and transfer values of players rising. Any doubts morelos is not a £10m player can be put to bed. 

Well done Rangers especially the second half. Blew them away. 

Edited by Walterbear

Great 2nd half performance. We know we can play like that and it is frustrating if we let the standards slip somewhat or are up against trench-diggers hoping for scraps.

I would have swapped Morelos with Lafferty roundabout the 70 minute mark, as he looked done for the night, Had we been a bit more slick up front with final and square balls, we could have had quite few tonight. Wondered too that Middleton, Grezda or Laff never came on. But what can you say if it turns out as it has?! 

I thought we were very good at one side of the game and poor at another side. 

We did dominate the play, were good at winning the ball back and generally being in control. Some top performances across the back line and a few others. 

But we really toiled in the final third, we couldn’t turn possession into chances. A moment of brilliance from Ejaria ultimately was the difference and he was doing it all night in other areas. 

At the end of the day it’s a fantastic result and another morale boost with some really good performances throughout the team. 

Edited by DMAA

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Great 2nd half performance. We know we can play like that and it is frustrating if we let the standards slip somewhat or are up against trench-diggers hoping for scraps.

I would have swapped Morelos with Lafferty roundabout the 70 minute mark, as he looked done for the night, Had we been a bit more slick up front with final and square balls, we could have had quite few tonight. Wondered too that Middleton, Grezda or Laff never came on. But what can you say if it turns out as it has?! 

Bit harsh on Rapid there DB. They were a fair bit better than that.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I thought we were very good at one side of the game and poor at another side. 

We did dominate the play, we’re good at winning the ball back and generally being in control. Some top performances across the back line and a few others. 

But we really toiled in the final third, we couldn’t turn possession into chances. A moment of brilliance from Ejaria ultimately was the difference and he was doing that it all night in other areas. 

At the end of the day it’s a fantastic result and another morale boost with some really good performances throughout the team. 

With regards to the final 3rd  I think we are too narrow at times and I cannot think of many times in the last 2 games were we hit the byline. 

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

BTW, I think the manager deserves a lot of credit tonight.

Flanagan and Worrall were interesting choices but both were excellent and I thought the manager was also right not to make any subs later in the game as it could have disrupted our momentum.

Positive from that is a few players will be fresh for Sunday and we'll need them to be.

I thought Flanagan might play tonight Frankie but I was surprised at Worrall as I havent seen much from him that makes me feel confident in him.  I stand corrected though other than the first 5-10 where he slowed the game down a fair bit he was outstanding tonight.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

BTW, I think the manager deserves a lot of credit tonight.

Flanagan and Worrall were interesting choices but both were excellent and I thought the manager was also right not to make any subs later in the game as it could have disrupted our momentum.

Positive from that is a few players will be fresh for Sunday and we'll need them to be.

Good points Frankie