[FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 43, 90+4; Tavernier 84 pen) - 1 Rapid Vienna

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The league position is misleading. Are Man Utd only the 10th best team in England? I think not.

At the moment they’re barely that! The league table doesn’t lie and if our away form improves so will our position.

Is our europa position misleading given we’re only 2 games in? No, we’re top and deservedly so.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

16 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

At the moment they’re barely that! The league table doesn’t lie and if our away form improves so will our position.

Is our europa position misleading given we’re only 2 games in? No, we’re top and deservedly so.

The only League table that matters and is ever considered beyond the summer of when it ends,..... is the one at the end of the season.

I think it was Walter Smith that said the first time he generally thought the table to be meaningful was at the end of the second round of fixtures, after everyone had played everyon, H & A.

Regards this week / tomorrow. The end of the world depths post Livingston were quickly followed by fantastic to be back Thursday.

If the result doesn't go our way tomorrow it isn't the end of the world although it would be on social media. 

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

The only League table that matters and is ever considered beyond the summer of when it ends,..... is the one at the end of the season.

I think it was Walter Smith that said the first time he generally thought the table to be meaningful was at the end of the second round of fixtures, after everyone had played everyon, H & A.

Regards this week / tomorrow. The end of the world depths post Livingston were quickly followed by fantastic to be back Thursday.

If the result doesn't go our way tomorrow it isn't the end of the world although it would be on social media. 

It’s a funny situation because if we’re 11 points off the top in October that would normally be a doomsday scenario.. history dictates it’s how far we’re off the tims that’s what relevant. But history has also shown hearts don’t always fall away...

11 hours ago, buster. said:

I think it would be pretty significant if we can't beat them at home and fall 11 points behind them plus 6 behind even hubz. But I actually feel we can win this convincingly and by a margin.

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think it would be pretty significant if we can't beat them at home and fall 11 points behind them plus 6 behind even hubz. But I actually feel we can win this convincingly and by a margin.

Significant but not the second end of the world inside 8 days either side of best of the season.

Today will be an excellent test in breaking down a well organised side.

It's strange but it seems to be getting harder to do in some of the domestic games than the European, where in pretty much always, it's been the reverse, except perhaps the PLG 6 months.

Speaking of today's match...where's the match thread?

I'm nervous about today.  I think we'll need to start well.  The thought of going 11 points behind Hearts is genuinely hard to comprehend.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Today will be an excellent test in breaking down a well organised side.

It's strange but it seems to be getting harder to do in some of the domestic games than the European, 

Rapid were trying to win the game by actually winning it instead of waiting and hoping so there was no requirement to break a packed defence. That’s how football used to be pre Herrera, the Inter boss, not the Mex sharp shooter.

On 04/10/2018 at 23:23, Big Jaws said:

Bit harsh on Rapid there DB. They were a fair bit better than that.

Oh, I was actually not refering to Rapid there, but to the SPFL teams who like Livvy & Co. rather dig in and try to looking for scraps up front. It is against them were we have to find ways to still play attractive football and don't get sucked into their game ... like we were last Sunday and then look more average than we are.

I would expect the game against Hearts to be as open as the one against Rapid was ... and we should do our utmost to keep Naismith from becoming their playmaker of the day again.

Edited by der Berliner

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I would expect the game against Hearts to be as open as the one against Rapid was

Have you ever heard of Craig Levein?