Ian Durrant Caught Up In Bigotry Storm

2 hours ago, buster. said:

You just don't get it, do you ?

Might aswell talk to a brick wall.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Barca and Ian, I gather that like me you have no time for Roman Catholicism nor the current Pontiff, but when you cry FTP, what exactly do you mean?

You haven't answered any questions about why you want to play nice with this leader and his cult. You say that being nice to them and not hurting their feelings by saying 'F**k the Pope' you will somehow force them into a corner and then do what?
You could not burn the neck of this satan or any follower of his cult with a blow torch. So I don't follow your argument that we are letting them 'off the hook' so to speak.
Have you not learned yet that by giving ground in any way, shape or form to this cult will result in further erosion of your own culture.
Have you any more insults to hurl or are you still going to continue to protect these people? Sure, there is a way to box clever, but they also need to know that they can be taken head on, 'in your face' style.

7 hours ago, barca72 said:

You haven't answered any questions about why you want to play nice with this leader and his cult. You say that being nice to them and not hurting their feelings by saying 'F**k the Pope' you will somehow force them into a corner and then do what?
You could not burn the neck of this satan or any follower of his cult with a blow torch. So I don't follow your argument that we are letting them 'off the hook' so to speak.
Have you not learned yet that by giving ground in any way, shape or form to this cult will result in further erosion of your own culture.
Have you any more insults to hurl or are you still going to continue to protect these people? Sure, there is a way to box clever, but they also need to know that they can be taken head on, 'in your face' style.

I must have missed an International campaign against the RC church and how it engages in industrial scale child rape that has adopted FTP as a recognised catchphrase. An effort to shock, grab attention and highlight an ongoing disgrace that doesn't get proportionate coverage. If that was the case, I could understand your stance on this.

However, going back to the core issue of this thread.....Ian Durrant used the FTP at a supporters function and when highlighted in the media, instead of using the platform to state a position of protest against the RC church for the afore-mentioned, he apoligised, quote... “I’d like to apologise for my comment at a recent sportsman’s dinner event in Lanarkshire. I meant to cause no offence to anyone.”.......He isn't on the same page as you seem to have latched on to....(because of song ?)

If the media hear it sung by our support, they'll describe it as 'offensive add-ons' and won't mention a protest against Industrial child rape. In this, general perceptions are of course, often shaped by the media and it's reporting of x or y.

When either of the above happens, you have Nil by Mouth appearing and quickly putting the boot in so as to re-enforce any neutral opinion as to the offensiveness of remarks, link it to sectarianism and we hear nothing about industrial scale child rape. 

It's you that plays nice with the pontiff if your angle of attack is to to shout FTP because you'll be easily dismissed as a bigot.

The difficulty of taking on the RC church and it's extensive power/influence is very high and I don't have a silver bullet.

The best way might well be the victims of child abuse themselves forming an international coalition of some sort and looking for general support. Public figures speaking openly about it helps, eg. Stephen Fry's eloquent and passionate talk at a debating programme on the BBC. Had Fry finished with a shout of FTP, it would have been understood by those posh folk in the audience as being in context and justiified...........If you or Ian Durrant are caught on film saying it, you'll be on the front page of the Daily Record. 

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I must have missed an International campaign against the RC church and how it engages in industrial scale child rape that has adopted FTP as a recognised catchphrase. An effort to shock, grab attention and highlight an ongoing disgrace that doesn't get proportionate coverage. If that was the case, I could understand your stance on this.

However, going back to the core issue of this thread.....Ian Durrant used the FTP at a supporters function and when highlighted in the media, instead of using the platform to state a position of protest against the RC church for the afore-mentioned, he apoligised, quote... “I’d like to apologise for my comment at a recent sportsman’s dinner event in Lanarkshire. I meant to cause no offence to anyone.”.......He isn't on the same page as you seem to have latched on to....(because of song ?)

If the media hear it sung by our support, they'll describe it as 'offensive add-ons' and won't mention a protest against Industrail child rape. In this, general perceptions are of course, often shaped by the media and it's reporting of x or y.

When either of the above happens, you have Nil by Mouth appearing and quickly putting the boot in so as to re-enforce any neutral opinion as to the offensiveness of remarks, link it to sectarianism and we hear nothing about industrial scale child rape. 

It's you that plays nice with the pontiff if your angle of attack is to to shout FTP because you'll be easily dismissed as a bigot.

The difficulty of taking on the RC church and it's extensive power/influence is very high and I don't have a silver bullet.

The best way might well be the victims of child abuse themselves forming an international coalition of some sort and looking for general support. Public figures speaking openly about it helps, eg. Stephen Fry's eloquent and passionate talk at a debating programme on the BBC. Had Fry finished with a shout of FTP, it would have been understood by those posh folk in the audience as being in context and justiified...........If you or Ian Durrant are caught on film saying it, you'll be on the front page of the Daily Record. 

If I am understanding you properly, you are saying it is alright for Stephen Fry at a highbrow dinner discussion in front of a highbrow audience to say 'FTP', because he has the proper context and is majically justified.
In your judgement anyone else who utters the phrase will be seen as a bigot. Bollox. You are worried that NBM will term anyone using FTP in any situation as a bigot, who the hell are they to be respected when all kind of bigoted and sectarian speeches and actions are reported to them and they do nothing?
I read your post as an admonition that all people(usually Protestants) should hang their head in shame if they utter FTP as their is no justification for it in society.
There have been many instances(not just child abuse) where this hypocritical Pope and his evil cult have perpetrated evil on this world, and I for one think it is fair to pushback in any fashion.
FTP is not sectarian or bigoted and you and the rest of the handwringers have no right to say it is.
Durrant as a public figure still has to get invites to various dinners etc. so you can see why he has to apologise,but no one else has to.

1 minute ago, barca72 said:

If I am understanding you properly, you are saying it is alright for Stephen Fry at a highbrow dinner discussion in front of a highbrow audience to say 'FTP', because he has the proper context and is majically justified.
In your judgement anyone else who utters the phrase will be seen as a bigot. Bollox. You are worried that NBM will term anyone using FTP in any situation as a bigot, who the hell are they to be respected when all kind of bigoted and sectarian speeches and actions are reported to them and they do nothing?
I read your post as an admonition that all people(usually Protestants) should hang their head in shame if they utter FTP as their is no justification for it in society.
There have been many instances(not just child abuse) where this hypocritical Pope and his evil cult have perpetrated evil on this world, and I for one think it is fair to pushback in any fashion.
FTP is not sectarian or bigoted and you and the rest of the handwringers have no right to say it is.
Durrant as a public figure still has to get invites to various dinners etc. so you can see why he has to apologise,but no one else has to.

You don't seem to be able to understand much and if what you write were representative of a political stance, it'd die still born.

22 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

buster, I agree with your line in this discussion 99.9%. I suggest, however, that if Fry concluded an eloquent, persuasive and passionate address eith FTP, he would have diminished his case badly.

Probably.

However, the whole issue does need some kind of shake because they carry on regardless and a shocking catchphrase if widely presented and explained as being used to promote awareness and a need for meaningful action then just maybe it could catch-on.

Imagine a press conference with hundreds of victims from all corners of the globe sat behind a series of prominent speakers who would command attention from the media. All victims wearing a T-Shirt with 'F**k the Pope' (not the actual word Fuck) or some other such phrase.

--------------

What seriously threatens the Israeli government policy isn't Hamas, it's the B.D.S. campaign. ie. to take on the really powerful lobbies and get some form of justice/fairplay,.... you need to take them away from their comfort zone.

I use the Israeli example because I think along with the RC Church, you have two of the most powerful three such blocks that exist.

Edited by buster.

4 hours ago, barca72 said:

I read your post as an admonition that all people(usually Protestants) should hang their head in shame if they utter FTP as their is no justification for it in society

Put this another way, Barca. 

You listen to an arguement from a republican making apparently reasonable points about the abolition of the monarchy but nonetheless you profoundly disagree. He ends with a defiant FTQ. 

Does that not give you the chance to avoid his reasoned arguement by saying you don’t need to engage with someone who resorts to meaningless abuse?

3 hours ago, buster. said:

I use the Israeli example because I think along with the RC Church, you have two of the most powerful three such blocks that exist.

There is a difference, though. Israel says don’t mess with us and we’ll leave you alone whereas Holy Church and the servants thereof must strain every sinew to bring about the conversion and redemption of the sinners of the world. I don’t believe there is a Jewish eqivalent of the Society of Jesus.