[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Spartak Moscow

Just back.  Disappointed but not disheartened. 

Kent was our best player.  We lacked cutting edge but the effort was good.  It felt like the crowd was waiting for a goal to get going and the players were waiting for the crowd to drive them on (neither happened).

29 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

It just shows how far we have come that I left the ground disappointed that we didnt beat Spartak Moscow.

Yahoos aside to me it's a demonstration of how much better we are than the rest of the SPL and though we haven't yet fully demonstrated that in domestic competition it has to come. Gerrard was right, we're a class above the likes of the sheep etc.

The evidence of that lies in an unbeaten 11 game Euro run which is apparently a Scottish record and the fact that we're in at all while sheep and hubz are not. Play like that from the outset on Sunday and the sheep will be sheared by halftime.

McInnes knows this and I feel we're going to need a referee protecting us from frankly total brutality as they try everything  in the grab and kick handbook to stop us employing our class. In a way i'm glad Morelos wont be playing because he would be the first target.

Edited by JFK-1

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

we're a class above the likes of the sheep etc

We're below Hearts, Celtc, Livi and Killie and on equal points with Hibs, in the league.  We couldn't beat a poor Aberdeen side and our recent record against Hibs isn't much to shout about.

Until these things change, there's no point appearing boastful.

I'm disappointed with that draw, which is a positive really, considering where we've been and who we played last night.

I was really frustrated at the 2nd half, though: there was a spell when we kept giving it away; it was poor and sloppy.

We had enough to win it; two points dropped, certainly.

31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We're below Hearts, Celtc, Livi and Killie and on equal points with Hibs, in the league.  We couldn't beat a poor Aberdeen side and our recent record against Hibs isn't much to shout about.

I mentioned what you're saying.

we haven't yet fully demonstrated that in domestic competition it has to come

I only need eyes to see it for the proof that we're a class above the sheep in particular. As for hibs who also lost at Livi they have had an easier run than us. Let's see how they look after playing both sheep and Hearts away in the next few weeks.

The Euro quality of play and consistency just has to come under this management team who have led us to a Scottish record unbeaten run in Europe. And that is something any fan of any team in the country would be boastful about. Do you really think sheep hearts and hubz could compile a Euro run like that?

We're getting there quicker than I thought we would with such a squad overhaul and new management. Just under a quarter of the way through the season. I expect us to blow the sheep out of the water Sunday. But that will be nothing to be boastful about because we're a class above them. ?

50 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You are right - there is nothing to boast about (yet) but there is plenty to be optimistic about.

Last group stage we played in we were being cuffed 1-4 at home by an unknown Roumanian team so a draw isn't the worst result and we still have to see how the game in Russia goes before we can  make a considered judgement on the differences between the sides.

11 games undefeated in Europe is frankly amazing given what went before with better players.

WDDWWDWDDWD

Prior to that (From 2008/09), it was.....DLDLLDLLDWDLLDDDDLLDDLW

Onwards we go.......