Uncalled for booing

Just now, Soulsonic5791 said:

Do they need to boo this early into the season Bill? I could understand this far more if this happened in mid February for instance, not the end of October.

I think we make far too much of this. Fans have to be free to judge the team whether it's the first day of the season or the last. There are no rules, everyone has to make their own decision about when it's appropriate for them to show their displeasure. It's a customer-facing business and no one should be dictating to those customers how or when they can react. If the club or its manager/players want a cosier response from the fans, they only have to deliver better performances on the park. When they do, they also know they will have the best, most supportive fans in the world behind them. In my opinion, the club delivers, the fans respond ... not the other way round.

Just now, Soulsonic5791 said:

I hear you mate, but to boo limited players especially after their efforts and exploits in Europe is short-sighted to say the least.

Expectations are one thing and I'm fully cognisant of Rangers 'standards' but a bit of realism amongst these people wouldn't go amiss.

I said back in 2015 that the new PR should be Patience and Realism.

A day after the release of annual accounts that reflect what happens when you metaphorically chuck toys oot the pram and want new ones every year. Regardless if it's partly because the Toys were made in Taiwan.

After the institutional failure of 2017, I thought DK/the board made an excellent appointment in SG and his staff, I still do.

It should be obvious that he'll need time to build something worthwhile. If fans want to even contemplate a push for change after a few poor results than essentially, they are pushing the club into a much more difficult place.

40 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

2mins 31secs in.

Stevie's savvy enough not to alienate the fans.

He acknowledges the 'groans and the boos' and does the correct thing by citing the 'standards' of the club. That said, he's at the sharp end of management now whereby for the first time he and the players are under the first bout of sustained pressure from a string of poor results. I thought that his post match comments on Sunday were possibly ill-judged despite being spot on in practically every respect. The balance between laying down the gauntlet to under-performing, largely ordinary, players but still keeping them onside and not further denting confidence, is a big part in the art of management. He obviously backtracked a little on this use of 'threat' when he said in his pre-match comments that he could be sacked too, if a lack of results were to become more regular.

Personally,  I think it is now becoming obvious to a lot of fans that he needs better players to get us to where we all want to be.  Adding additional pressure out of venting frustration by way of conspicuous booing can be heavily counter productive in my view. All you needed to do was look at the number of players lying down on the ground after the final whistle to realise how precarious collective confidence can be.

Let's hope that they can get back to winning ways at Greenhill Rd on Saturday lunchtime.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

I booed.   the players deserved to be booed.   we have a midfield bereft of ideas.  they don't seem to be able to see a pass to make.  instead they just amble about at the half way line waiting for someone else to take charge.   we need a leader in the centre of the park but no one seems to be willing to step up to the plate.

Our manager though needs to have a right good look at his Liverpool  loanees.  they bring nothing to the club.   coulibaly and Kent wouldn't get picked for a pub team the way they are playing at the moment  but they walk into ours.  That has to change.   I'm pretty sure that Middleton Mcrorie can do more for the team than those mentioned.

30 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I booed.   the players deserved to be booed.   we have a midfield bereft of ideas.  they don't seem to be able to see a pass to make.  instead they just amble about at the half way line waiting for someone else to take charge.   we need a leader in the centre of the park but no one seems to be willing to step up to the plate.

Our manager though needs to have a right good look at his Liverpool  loanees.  they bring nothing to the club.   coulibaly and Kent wouldn't get picked for a pub team the way they are playing at the moment  but they walk into ours.  That has to change.   I'm pretty sure that Middleton Mcrorie can do more for the team than those mentioned.

On the loanees, I think you are being a tad harsh. Kent's done ok but not briiliant. Ejaria has shown promise and IMO is always looking to do something positive. They're young players so we probably have to show some patience (me included). 

Kent and Ejaria have done pretty good over the piece.  They're clearly still raw though so Gerrard needs to use other players a bit more often.  I'd like to see McCrorie brought back in but he's hardly going to ease the creative burden.

Worrall has been largely fine (though needs to be more careful in some situations) and Coulibaly has shown he's capable but seems to have lost all confidence.

Now, Gerrard has to prove himself a manager to turn around the last week's three disappointing results.

5 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

At full time last night, the booing ringing around the stadium was very disappointing to hear. Whether some of it may have been attributable to yet another poor refereeing performance, this time by Nick Walsh, is neither here nor there. Frustration at dropping points is understandable especially in light of Sunday's result, but to resort to booing players that to a man try, is ultimately self defeating, and on so many levels.

Zero humility shown by far too many fans if you ask me and little acknowledgement of the fact that Kilmarnock are a good team.

Time to get behind the lads. The last thing we need is to give fuel to a media fire designed to put undue pressure on Stevie.

I think that people were booing because the second half was a massive departure from what the team had showed previously this season.